New H1 Stamping Process in India

h1_moon_moon

Can some one please explain new H1/H4 stamping process in India.

As per my understanding, we should book appointments using

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/

1. Create profile in ustraveldocs website

2. Choose type of visa, Consulate (will be picked up system based on residence address provided) - Here can we give different

state address to go for specific consulate. OR we should only choose state we reside?

3. In 'Passport details' of Personal data section, we have to give DS160 confirmation number. In 'Petitioner' section, Name, Start date,

Receipt number# and Expiration date are there. Are they Employer name, H1 pitition start date with that employer, apporved H1

Receipt number# and H1 expiration dates? Pls confirm

Where we have to pay the fee through NEFT, is it in the subsequent pages? I came to know system will generate a #Unique account number. Do we get this #UAC number in some other link and we have to update that number here in subsequent sections?

I went to Bank of America for NEFT but they said they cannot do it they can only do wire transfers. So i asked my friend to pay the fee at AXIS bank in India. After creating the profile in ustraveldocs website when you click on Payment section it will ask you how you want to pay when you click on AXIS/Citi bank then it will generate a form which you need to provide at the AXIS/Citi bank where you will be paying the fee.

I just did mine today.

HI Vasu 12,

As per the new process are you required to set up 2 different appointments(1@OFC for biometrics ,2@Consulate-for interview).Can a H1-B applicant skip the OFC appointment,since the the visit to the consulate would be to get the H1-B extension stamped(the second 3 year term).

Since you are based in US I am assuming you are on H1B as well and planning to the H1B extension stamped ?,Does the new system ask you to set up 2 appointments ?

I went to Bank of America for NEFT but they said they cannot do it they can only do wire transfers. So i asked my friend to pay the fee at AXIS bank in India. After creating the profile in ustraveldocs website when you click on Payment section it will ask you how you want to pay when you click on AXIS/Citi bank then it will generate a form which you need to provide at the AXIS/Citi bank where you will be paying the fee.

I just did mine today.

Hi Vasu12

Thanks for sharing the information.I want to know can we generate the visa fee payment slip required for Axis bank cash payment before entering the DS-160 confirmation number on the profile page and if so how ? Also can you share any information regarding available appointments date at different consulates if you can access them? Where can I get this information.

HI Vasu 12,

As per the new process are you required to set up 2 different appointments(1@OFC for biometrics ,2@Consulate-for interview).Can a H1-B applicant skip the OFC appointment,since the the visit to the consulate would be to get the H1-B extension stamped(the second 3 year term).

Since you are based in US I am assuming you are on H1B as well and planning to the H1B extension stamped ?,Does the new system ask you to set up 2 appointments ?

With this new system i have to take 2 appointments. 1 for biometrics and the second one for interview

Vasu

Hi Vasu12

Thanks for sharing the information.I want to know can we generate the visa fee payment slip required for Axis bank cash payment before entering the DS-160 confirmation number on the profile page and if so how ? Also can you share any information regarding available appointments date at different consulates if you can access them? Where can I get this information.

Hi mmuser,

You don't need DS-160 confiirmation number to pay visa fee all you need is the application ID of DS-160. I just filled first 2 pages of DS-160 and entered the application id and got the payment slip. I haven't booked the date yet.

Vasu

@Vasu---Hi, I was not able to download axis/citibank visa fee collection slip. I have my login created.

It throwed me an error "not able to load visualforce page". when I contacted helpline, they said, that I have to put my DS-160 confimation number which we need while filliing profile information.

which means we cant even see the visa fee payment slip, if we havent submitted ds-160 yet. Maybe you got payment fee form, as you may have done it before 26th.

Can you please share how you managed to get to payment form withour entering ds-160 confirmation number? as on Profile page it asks for DS-160 confirmation number which is mandetory field.

Archived