F1 and H1 visa stamping for arrest record (DUI) - Successful story.

mitsu3000gt

Hi Friends,

I really messed up big time, Can someone help me in providing the information

I have my H1B visa appointment on may 9th but unfortunately i got a DUI ticket today (4/28). and the court date is on 6/12

Can i still go to Canada for my stamping?

I heard Canadian immigration does not allow to enter.

Any information on this is really appreciated.

Thankyou

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I had the same situation. contact me on it. ******* at gmail dot com

Hi Friends,

I really messed up big time, Can someone help me in providing the information

I have my H1B visa appointment on may 9th but unfortunately i got a DUI ticket today (4/28). and the court date is on 6/12

Can i still go to Canada for my stamping?

I heard Canadian immigration does not allow to enter.

Any information on this is really appreciated.

Thankyou

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the DUI problem as well, can anyone help me? Truly appreciated.

Six months ago, I got arrested because of underage DUI problem. It was less than 0.05. I got refused for my first visa (last week), and I have rescheduled for a second appointment in this week. What should I bring or say for my second visit in order to get approved? 

Thank you so much. 

• 1 month later...

I had dwi in march 2012. it was dismissed on aug 2013 after completing all the requirements of pre-trial diversion program. I do have a certified dismissal copy with me. I have my stamping scheduled for oct 15 2013 in kingston, jamaica. will I be facing any problems or delays? I did mention everything on DS160. my immigration attorney and criminal attorney say that everything is fine as long as you have the court certified dismissal copy while attending the visa interview. please let me know if I have any reason to panic. I am carrying all the documents regarding this arrest.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I had the same situation. contact me on it. ******* at gmail dot com

Hi 11thmarch,

I have also faced same problem, even i got DUI and i am planning to go for H1 stamping, could you please help me with you past experience with your H1 stamping, please send me email to my account **************@gmail.com or can you please pass me you email ID so that i can findout more details regarding the same.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Similar situation here -

Is it safe to travel to India with the court case being done, counselling sessions are done - but still on Inter Lock Device? Or it's recommended that you finish the "interlock device" duration and then go? Just wanted to see what everyone has done and their opinion.

Please let me know

Thanks,

Hey Guys ! I'm in the similar situation - Is it safe to travel to India with the court case being done, counselling sessions are done - but still on Inter Lock Device? Or it's recommended that you finish the "interlock device" duration and then go? Just wanted to see what everyone has done and their opinion.

Please let me know

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I got arrested for a DUI in Aug 2009 in CA, plead guilty in court in Jan 2010. I went to India (Delhi) for visa stamping in Jan 2012, got it stamped but had to do medical examinations.

I'm going again for visa stamping (Delhi) in May next month, would I've to do medical exams again since it's been more than 3 years? Can you let me know? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys ! I'm in the similar situation - Is it safe to travel to India with the court case being done, counselling sessions are done - but still on Inter Lock Device? Or it's recommended that you finish the "interlock device" duration and then go? 

I hear it's not recommended to travel for 1 year - 

Just wanted to see what everyone has done and their opinion.

Please let me know

Thanks,

Hey Guys ! I'm in the similar situation - Is it safe to travel to India with the court case being done, counselling sessions are done - but still on Inter Lock Device? Or it's recommended that you finish the "interlock device" duration and then go? 

I hear it's not recommended to travel for 1 year - 

Just wanted to see what everyone has done and their opinion.

Please let me know

Thanks,

H1BDUI,

Interlock device is dot/dmv thing unless it's a court ruling, so no impact on h1b stamping.

I am in similar situation, got dui on 29th November, 2013, charged amended to Reckless Driving and pleaded guilty and had to pay 100 Usd fine and weekend class. Case is disposed now.

I got confused from this 1 year thing and consulted murthy lawyer, she says I don't need to wait for an year. On other murthy member also said same.

That's my 2 cents.

• 3 years later...

Hello mitsu3000gt

I had a quick question, I came back from USA in March 2017, I was convicted of DUI in Jan 2015 and completed all the things I told by the judge, and now wanted to go for Masters at the same university. How are the chances of getting a F1 visa now? I mean other than that I never had any other ticket. I was wondering about the process and suggestions on the same. Please help me with the same as my interview is coming real soon and its kind of got me a worried. 

You can email me. Appreciate the good work man.

Thanks 

Regards,

Rahul Aggarwal

Archived