ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS AND EAD/AP

DEEV

Hi,

My husband, the primary applicant received his Green Card in the month of March 2012. I got RFE so my I-485 application is still pending and I don’t see my application will get any attention because of date retrogression. I have EAD/AP that will expire in Feb 2013. Now, there is a good possibility that my husband could lose his job soon. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with answers to the below stated issues:

a) Does his job loss affect my I- 485 application?

b) What happens to my AOS status that was filed by his employer, in case he is out of job?

c) Who can file my EAD/AP renewal (since it expires in February) in case he is out of his job?

d) What happens if he loses his job after my EAD/AP renewal is filed by the present employer?

Appreciate much your replies.

Thanks,

DV

a) Does his job loss affect my I- 485 application?

NO

b) What happens to my AOS status that was filed by his employer, in case he is out of job?

It continues till you get the GC

c) Who can file my EAD/AP renewal (since it expires in February) in case he is out of his job?

Its your baby and you will need to file for renewal of both in a timely manner till you get the GC.

d) What happens if he loses his job after my EAD/AP renewal is filed by the present employer?

Then he will need to find a new job.

Archived