HYDERABAD or CANADA??? PLZ Help....

krishna21

Hi Guys,

This is krishna and I have completed my masters here and working as Software programmer through EVC model.

Recently I got approved the H1B for 3 years and planning to go to india, here I need your valuable information for me to get the VISA without any problems.

So firstly is it better to go to INDIA or CANADA for stamping? The reason why I'm asking this question is, some folks were saying canada is also a good option for the one's who completed MS in USA.

Please share your valuable info and suggestions with me, that will be a great help.

Thanks in Advance....

If possible avoid coming to India for stamping, i did the same last year and i am still stuck here.

It does not matter with the consulate , In India it has become very uncertain and you need to be very lucky on that particular day!

So please do a lot of research about how the rejections are happening and all that before you made a decision.

Cheers

I did a little bit of research on this..to choose between India or Candada for first time stamping with US degree..I'm sure you have more chances if you go to Canada than India..but prepare yourself for extended canadian stay if handed over 221g there..in most cases 221g is getting cleared in 2-4 weeks in Candada which definitely is much better than in India..this is completely my own analysis!

I also have similar question . My husband is also planning to go to Canada for stamping. Do we need Canada visa. I heard if we r staying for less than 30 days in Canada we do not need visa, though am not sure about it. Kindly reply. One more question,If canada visa is requirement do we need to submit original documents (except Passport) like H1B approval for the Canada visa or photocopy would be fine.

Thanks a lott.

if you are on h1b in the us you will need a canadian visotors visa.

dont know which canadian embassy you will apply to - in nyc you can go and sbumit your original passport and photocopis of other documents and they will give you your visa/decision the next day. i had it done for me last week. good luck.

Originally posted by simran31:

I also have similar question . My husband is also planning to go to Canada for stamping. Do we need Canada visa. I heard if we r staying for less than 30 days in Canada we do not need visa, though am not sure about it. Kindly reply. One more question,If canada visa is requirement do we need to submit original documents (except Passport) like H1B approval for the Canada visa or photocopy would be fine.

Thanks a lott.

Originally posted by simran31:

Thanks a lott.

Yes you would need a Canadian Visa even if you are going for 1 Day.

@navin_p : Yah I think you can go to canada if you have a ful time job here otherwise it is better to go to INDIA for stamping...This suggestion entirely based on the threads in this forum...please go through all relevant to your situation and then decide. Best of Luck!!

@lost_immigrant...Hello buddy..yes please share your email address we can definitely get a strong decision in deciding this situation together.

@mkram: as we are all in the same boat if you have no problem we can all (me, LOST_IMMIGRANT and YOU) together discuss and decide...please share your email info if you are interested...

HI mkram,

This is Sathish ,I'm also planning to go to Canada for my h1b stamping. pls let me know If you have any plans to go there for stamping.

Originally posted by mkram:

Hello Krishna, even I am sailing in the same boat. Not able to decide whether to go India or Canada for first time H1B stamping. Getting married in the month of Nov in India.Any info will be really appreciated.

My suggestion to several people planning to go to Canada for H1B stamping is, do not exit US for stamping unless it is absolutely necessary. It does not matter where you go,India or Canada, your chances of getting 221g is very very very high, notwithstanding your employment model or academics (even people with MS and PhD from US had to go through the ordeal). Then you will be stuck for days/ weeks/ months.

I f feel you have to go no matter what,settle your affairs in US (lease, rentals, utilities etc..) before you exit US,and be prepared for long stay outside. But why take the chance? If you are legal in US stay back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived