Tracking people with EB2 priority dates earlier than Jan 2005

gmk123

@Belle..Well, let's say there are 2,000. But another 10,000 of EB3 with PD before 2005 are filing in EB2 in the next 3 months. Would not you want to know that?

Belle. Do you have data supporting this number or is it just your guesstimate. Please don't create unnecessary dispair by telling 10000 people "are" filing in EB2..There is a difference between wanting to file and actually filing AND getting approved..

These days the labor process itself is taking 6 months let alone the time to get it approved..

6 months from start to end which includes 3 months of job advertising. After that it is all about USCIS :)

What Belle said could be very realistic. USCIS also knows the fact that relief for EB3 folks with older PD comes only with EB2 upgrade. if you see one of the previous visa bulletins they even mentioned about this. I know couple of folks who are doing the EB3 to EB2 upgrade and they should as well.

Dude, I just wanted to illustrate a point that knowing the number of EB2s is not going to get you an answer. All the numbers are completely and totally made up.

I would not be surprised, however, if there was an increase in EB2 upgrades this summer. The EB2 dates started to move last winter, and thus many people realized it was making a lot of sense to upgrade. An LC takes around 6 months, so - do your math.

USCIS also knows the fact that relief for EB3 folks with older PD comes only with EB2 upgrade. if you see one of the previous visa bulletins they even mentioned about this

True. People have been porting PDs for a number of years. My point is how can 10000 people port in such a short time ? That number seems to exaggerated

Why cannot? People know that the only relief is coming to them by doing the upgrade. I wouldn't be surprised even if this number would be higher than 10K.

BTW there are over 50K EB3 applications pending and 10K seems to be a not very large number out of it.

@ Belle.

We have ported our PD from Aug 2003 to EB2. Our new I140 has been approved and documents to port the old PD were sent 3 days before EB2 numbers were exhausted in July. Now that my PD is current, do our case is being worked on before Oct 1st or do they wait to process it in October.

Thanks in advance.

@Belle 90% are approved. That's not going to change the picture much.

Wow..Optimism at its best. Approval depends on a lot of things.Read this murthy article about recent increase in DOL audits.

http://www.murthy.com/2012/05/04/dol-increases-audits-of-perm-lc-cases/

I doubt if 90% of the cases are for genuine full time positions or a petition from the company of the candidate's brother-in-law or a cousin

First of all, I must be living on a different planet since I have not encoutered much of the situation you are talking about. This also brings into a question the planet you are living on. Second, we are talking about EB2 upgrades here, which are generally filed by a genuine employer after an EB3 beneficiary changes jobs (often on EAD, which means the employee was looking for the best job, not to work for the cousin). Third, many of these people did not plan on upgrading to EB2 until the dates started moving, which is another indication of a genuine job.

In other words, I disagree.

@Belle 90% are approved. That's not going to change the picture much.

Wow..Optimism at its best. Approval depends on a lot of things.Read this murthy article about recent increase in DOL audits.

http://www.murthy.co...-perm-lc-cases/

I doubt if 90% of the cases are for genuine full time positions or a petition from the company of the candidate's brother-in-law or a cousin

What makes you think that you are truly deserved EB2 candidate whereas people upgrading from EB3 are not deserving candidates? Stop these non sense comments please. Yes there are small number of people who always will abuse the system.

@ Shurap1 -What makes you think that you are truly deserved EB2 candidate whereas people upgrading from EB3 are not deserving candidates?

I am not against porting however I don't think candidates who have faked experience in their resumes (the ubiquitous minimum 5 years irrespective of age ) to get their first job in the US and are now using their US experience to qualify for EB2 are more deserving than people who have not lied about anything.

Again I am not saying that everybody is like that but almost every desi IT consultant has begun their career in the US this way.

@Belle-Second, we are talking about EB2 upgrades here, which are generally filed by a genuine employer after an EB3 beneficiary changes jobs (often on EAD, which means the employee was looking for the best job, not to work for the cousin).

True but the EB3 petition was most likely filed by some desi consultancy who marketed their resume with " 5 years of experience" but could not use that experience in the GC and hence could file only in EB3..

@Belle-Second, we are talking about EB2 upgrades here, which are generally filed by a genuine employer after an EB3 beneficiary changes jobs (often on EAD, which means the employee was looking for the best job, not to work for the cousin).

True but the EB3 petition was most likely filed by some desi consultancy who marketed their resume with " 5 years of experience" but could not use that experience in the GC and hence could file only in EB3..

Yes but what is still stopping them from filing in EB2? They did not had enough experience when the case was initially filed in EB3 category. These cases are really from 2003/04/05 dates. People now have moved on with new jobs for better careers and now wish to get the GC filed under EB2 category. Again nothing wrong. The law allows it and in fact USCIS themselves know that this is only way to get rid of the huge EB based backlog which is why last year they did not wait for spill over until last quarter but did it much before in first two quarters itself. Yes they over did it but that is a different story.

Archived