H1B Stamping in Hyderabad @September 2012

AhmedFeroze

Interview Date: 13th Sept, 2012@Hyderabad Consulate

Visa: H1B

221g: White Slip ( Admin Processing + Asked 3 docs to submit )

I had H1B extension with other company since my Old H1B was expired in Feb 2012 while in Admin processing at Chennai Consulate. I did applied for extension with xyz company and attended this interview. But VO was more concern about the existence of this new company and at the time of interview he Searched online to check for the Office Address, when he found that address he issued White slip and said, he needs to keep me in Admin Processing and asked to submit: Office photos, Staff Roster(showing existing employees working hrs information ) and my role (basically project details which I am going to work). And also send me Questionaire to reply him with my resume and Offer letter.

Replied to the questionaire on 15th Sep and submitted docs on 17th Sep. Did any one had this kind of expereince before if so what are the chances/delays of getting Visa etc. Appreciate your experiences

I got a white 221g from Hyderabad consulate on Sep 18th. I am a new H1B applicant. No docs were asked but VO just checked - "Admin processing required before a decision can be made". I believe the VO has similar doubts as yours. Will update if I hear anything from the consulate.

I'd appreciate if you can also update if you hear anything from them.

I attended H1B fresh case interview today and VO screwed me. He is very rude and did screw people before me also. And then finally issued me 221G white slip saying it requires lengthy admin processing. I am not sure what lengthy means. He told that he will enquiry and investigate every thing and get back. He also told that he will visit my petitioner location also.

Bottom line:

We should be prepared to face any kind of circumstances :(

M also sailing on the same boat. I attended interview on sept 20, 2012 and VO was male and he is very rude. He screwed me with lots of questions on the inhouse project that was mentioned in the petition. Since my employer is small firm, he doubted its genuinity and in that area he asked me so many questions and issued 221 G at the end telling lengthy admin processing required and he wanted to verify everything related to my current employment, petitioner back ground etc. And I was given case number on the 221G slip as well.

Guyz, let me know if you are seeing any updates on the case status, plz.

@rakik,

I checked my case status today and it is showing as "case under process".

I got a white 221g from Hyderabad consulate on Sep 18th. I am a new H1B applicant. No docs were asked but VO just checked - "Admin processing required before a decision can be made". I believe the VO has similar doubts as yours. Will update if I hear anything from the consulate.

I'd appreciate if you can also update if you hear anything from them.

I appeared for interview on 20 sept, 2012 and the very next my case number showed up in the website

URL: http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html

Try checking here. By the by, which counter you appeared for interview in hyd, is that counter 15?

so far my case number is not valid/showing, its since from 13st September. I thought by this time I can see my case status. sn@123 how long it took you to see ur case to come as under processing ?

23 Sep: Emailed to VFSHyderabad on Sep 23rd and got reply from them saying it will take 10 to 15 days to update on Consulate Website.

25 Sep: On Sep 25 got an email from VFS again saying that my passport is ready to take between 3 to 4 else it will be courired to my address. I was in office when I receive sms/email so I didnt had HDFC with me to pick passport from VFS CEnter, though I went there by taking xerox copy of HDFC reciept which they didnt accepted and said it will get courier to my address.

Because of my curioisity I called to DOS and got to know that my Admin processing is still there and they are returning my passports mean time ( and also DOS told that I asked Consulate to return my passports back which I dont but he said he can see this information on my case ).

26 Sep: I was expecting to receive my passport at my address but didnt get. Will update you all once I receive my ppt.

I have attended h1b stamping at hyderabad on sept 5th and got 221g white form.

On september 11th submitted additional docs. from september 20th my online status showing as under processing...but from yesterday when i submit with my tracking number it is not displaying my information.....asked my client and dos in US last week...client mentioned there is no enquiry on my case and dos said that mine is in additional process...Please let me know if you track your information in below url and what you see?

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html

Sep 27, 2012: Collected my passport from VFSHyderabad but they TICK Marked Further Administrative Processing required and also erased/striked off the asked documents to submit related to existing Office(which I had submitted on sep 17th). Dont know how long this Further Admin Processing is going to take. Does any one had been thru this ?

Int Date: 24th Sept

case: 221g white

docs: no addnl documents except the ones submitted for H1

The VO officer was pretty cool he asked regular qns abt wht company, client, vendor, work location and finally said I need to do a small administrative check and gave me 221 g with case number.

no updates and also the pending status link is not working.

Will keep you all posted for any updates...pls share your updates also.

Hey polsani, I am in the same situation and confused why suddenly my case number is not showing the status which was showing up as under processing before. I wondered if it happened only for me. But since we both have the similar problem, it appears for me to be some system technical glitch :) But lets think in this optimistic way ;)

I have attended h1b stamping at hyderabad on sept 5th and got 221g white form.

On september 11th submitted additional docs. from september 20th my online status showing as under processing...but from yesterday when i submit with my tracking number it is not displaying my information.....asked my client and dos in US last week...client mentioned there is no enquiry on my case and dos said that mine is in additional process...Please let me know if you track your information in below url and what you see?

http://hyderabad.usc...used-visas.html

@rakik,

Let us if there is any update on your case. The only update on my petition is that the US consulate folks called my current employer for verification and my H.R I hope she wud have answered appropriately and also I am assuming that immigration folks wud also be visiting shortly my petitioner in US as said by the VO during interview :-/

Yes. It was counter 15

I am still awaiting any communication from them. :(

Did that guy speak anything like what steps they are gonna do in admin processing? For me he told that he will enquiry with my current employer and also my petitioner. And one more, is that ua petitioner any consulting company of small size and had they put inhouse project?

Yes. It was counter 15

I am still awaiting any communication from them. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Have u got ua case number on the white slip? We can track from the URL I mentioned about the case status.

VO wrote the case number but that is not showing up on website. When I search, I'm getting an error saying "We were not able to identify Case # XXXXXXX-XXX-X, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly"

Hello Rakik,

Nothing to worry. The administrative processing might be happening still. Although the case number is showing up, all we can is just every time the status as under admin processing". If there is any progress happens on you case, you will perhaps receive an email. All we can do at this point of time is to wait. Admin processing takes minimum of 60 days as mentioned by US consulate. We can try to follow up with the consulate if we don't receive any update in 2 months.

VO wrote the case number but that is not showing up on website. When I search, I'm getting an error saying "We were not able to identify Case # XXXXXXX-XXX-X, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived