AP H1B Stamping FTE in Vancouver common Muslim name

manssy

I just came back from the interview at the US Consulate in Vancouver. The interview went pretty smooth with only 5 questions. Here is the conversation:

----------------------------------------------

Officer: Where do you work?

XXX

Officer: What do you do there?

XXX explained the job duties per I-129

Officer: What type of projects do you design?

XXX

Officer: Where is the company located?

XXX

Officer: Did you study at XXX?

Yes

Officer: What's your highest degree?

Masters of XXX

Officer: Have you been working on OPT with same company?

Yes

Then he kept reading a lot of things on the screen and kept scrolling down pages. Then he started asking a couple of more questions.

Officer: Your visa will be approved but we need to do administrative processing which might take sometime.

How long it will take, cause I'm visiting here and can't be away from work for long time.

Officer: It's not gonna take months, but maybe around 2 weeks. We will try to speed it up. Check with us via email.

I have all paperwork with me, do you need to see any of it.

Officer: I don't need to see any paperwork, I believe you. The administrative processing has nothing to do with your work. Your visa will be approved but the processing has to be done.

----------------------------------------------

If there were problems with my work documents, the officer should have given me a colored slip with case number. But he hasn't given me any slips and asked me to follow up by email. He didn't ask/see a SINGLE document, not even I-129 or LCA. He just took my passport and I-797A Approval. I am assuming the check is because I have common Muslim first and last names, I am from Egypt, and because the US Embassy problems that happened yesterday in Cairo. I am not lucky these incidents in Cairo happened the night before my interview.

I asked him if it is gonna take long time, can I get my passport back so I can travel. He said yes you can, keep in touch through emails and if it takes long time, you can request to have your passport back, then bring it again once visa is ready to be issued. The thing that made me a little comfortable is that I didn't get any of the white, blue, or pink case slips, which means my case has no problems or necessary verification other than administrative processing, i.e. Security Clearance.

Now, I am in Vancouver with no passport and I don't know what to do. I didn't want to ask him right away for my passport, just in case he might expedite the process and I get it in less than 2 weeks. However, I don't know how long should I wait before asking for my passport back.

Any advice or similar experiences?? Please share!

Yeah, but what does it have to do with my situation? Do you think I would get AP cause of PIMS and not get any of the colored slips indication PIMS missing? Please elaborate as it would make me understand what might have happened.

I haven't gone for stamping yet but I heard from people that they will do your background check in terms of criminal charges or possibly fraud depend on your case but just seat tight for two weeks and fly back happily. Good thing is that at least they have clearly told you that your visa is approved and should not take months.

Hi Manssy, we are on same boat. In my case its worse as i am stuck here since last 20 days. I was told visa was approved in Montreal but have not received the passport. They keep saying Admin process is pending.

i think in my case its same thing that PIMS is missing and dont know wat kind of admin processing they do without taking any documents from me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived