Is there any law for legal immigrants ...?

SRaoPERM

Question for Immigrant lawyers ..

Is there any law to protect legal immigrants ...?

With the recent retrogression, USCIS/INS is adding more time for folks to get Green Card.

As it takes longer, one has to renew H1b, H4, EAD and Advance Parole. So its an expense, one has to bear.

For family folks, the amount is huge, as its multiply by number of members (350 for EAD, 350 for AP) * number of members.

State issue license depending on H1b/EAD card validity. Hence need to renew license, every time.

Also, path to citizenship is delayed. One can only apply for citizenship after 5 years, once he/she has GC.

One can't vote without citizenship.

Job opportunities are limited (Can't apply for State / Federal jobs).

Kids don't get scholarship if they DON'T have GC.

There's lot of mental agony, while waiting for GC.

If they WAIT time is for everyone, we understand. But SOME folks move ahead of line and get GC and Citizenship earlier then others. This is so UNFAIR.

Shouldn't personell/department moving cut-off dates held responsible ...?

or

This is the price one pays for legally immigrating to USA ...?

A GC is not a right, it is a privilege.

And at least you can renew H1, H4, even after 6 years. I had to leave the country when my 6 years on H1 were up and my I-140 wasn't approved yet.

For expenses, you have a good-paying job, right? College graduates make a lot more than the average American. If you are in EB, you are a college graduate.

And as far as "unfair", life is unfair. Get over it.

With the recent retrogression, USCIS/INS is adding more time for folks to get Green Card.

As it takes longer, one has to renew H1b, H4, EAD and Advance Parole. So its an expense, one has to bear.

For family folks, the amount is huge, as its multiply by number of members (350 for EAD, 350 for AP) * number of members.

State issue license depending on H1b/EAD card validity. Hence need to renew license, every time.

Also, path to citizenship is delayed. One can only apply for citizenship after 5 years, once he/she has GC.

If they WAIT time is for everyone, we understand. But SOME folks move ahead of line and get GC and Citizenship earlier then others. This is so UNFAIR.

or

The list is endless. I hear you.

Even in 2012, eb2 in with later pds got approved and people with earlier pds are waiting.

An orderly way to move pds in VB is needed. Currently it is surely missing.

And at least you can renew H1, H4, even after 6 years. I had to leave the country when my 6 years on H1 were up and my I-140 wasn't approved yet.

For expenses, you have a good-paying job, right? College graduates make a lot more than the average American. If you are in EB, you are a college graduate.

thres is nothing wrong in demanding for a transperent and efficeint system..esp in USA..irrespective of if OP is a citizen or not..

I am sure OP can spend the same money in better ways..

What is your PD? How long have you waited. The recent advancement had given many applicants to file their EADs. It has been more than 6 months so they are all eligible for AC21 portability. Also have AP so they are at will to travel with peace of mind. What else are you expecting.

H1b is for 3 years and company would have to pay for it. If dependant gets EAD they are earning wages cant your afford yearly upgrade. All that I am saying is that non-immigrants are having much better life than American citizen who graduate with an average of 30K student loans with no jobs. Stiill in this economy Americans are having great heart to welcome every one into this country and have a better life. Please stop whining.

Come on 20$ for driver's license for 1 year.

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

PLease wait you are in queue. Every where is there is struggle. Nothing comes easy.

That depends on the company you work for and the credentials you have. This is a FREE country.

They are all abiding by the LAW.

or

Enjoy a better living in this country. Be thankful for you have. Please do not be jealous of others.

JoeF (and omshiv), with all due respect, we, as non-immigrants, pay the EXACT same taxes as do citizens/permanent residents and have every right to demand from the government an efficient, responsible and a just system. There are lives and careers of families at stake here and your implication of 'leave the country if you don't like this situation' is insensitive to say the least.

The current greencard system is causing unneeded stress, agony and pain for everyone involved and we have every right to expect USCIS to consider the fact that there is a lot more at stake in an application than just yearly quotas.

JoeF (and omshiv), with all due respect, we, as non-immigrants, pay the EXACT same taxes as do citizens/permanent residents and have every right to demand from the government an efficient, responsible and a just system. There are lives and careers of families at stake here and your implication of 'leave the country if you don't like this situation' is insensitive to say the least.

The current greencard system is causing unneeded stress, agony and pain for everyone involved and we have every right to expect USCIS to consider the fact that there is a lot more at stake in an application than just yearly quotas.

You are not paying taxes by choice but because you have to, to stay in the country legally. You are not obliging anyone. It's like saying, "I'm not robbing a bank so the bank should give me money". You will not rob a bank for your own sake, not for bank's sake.

Also, you don't need to go through all the "stress, agony and pain", you can leave tomorrow morning to your country and live happily ever after.

Having said that, I only thing I agree with you is that the illegals are getting a free pass, because one political party wants votes.

And so do illegal immigrants - they pay taxes just like citizens. They get diddley squat back. Count your very lucky stars.

I get a little troubled by people's assertion that you should leave and go elsewhere if you are pained by the immigration system here.

Second, Illegal immigrants have their own issues; how are they getting a free pass? DACA is their free pass?

The other aspect is that blaming service organization in a country is not the same as criticizing the country.

Back to the discussion at hand: The issue raised here is; is there anyway to atleast figure out an orderly way to move the PDs? not in a totally unpredictable manner which is what seems to be going on right now. A service organization which is charging fees from its customers might have to figure this out or hire people to figure this out for them.

Also, you don't need to go through all the "stress, agony and pain", you can leave tomorrow morning to your country and live happily ever after.

I challenge you or others that said the same thing to post link to US's official policy that reflects your ignorance..

did u listen to Obama expressed pain that inida's reluctance to allow FDIs in to india's retail business?..why the heck was it obama's business?

guess what, india opened the gates just right now..and US has to do it by reciprocity..whether its foreign investment or indian workers..

some people here think they can "Demand" from the government just because they pay taxes...once again my question is who is putting a gun on your head and asking you to take the unneeded stress, agony and pain. Go back to your country.

it's actually people with ur mentality that don't fit in US society here..ever read US freedom history? do u know it started due to "taxation without representation"..? basically that’s US101, which u lack..

be grateful for that and don’t keep on whining all the time. Everybody has to wait patiently. If something didn’t work out in your favor then don’t blame the Government.

I am not affected by any of this latest retrogression drama, but not everybody that is going thru EB process is desperate and begging for a job like u people(mostly software QA testing jobs)..

Infact it’s the other way, Eb category , esp EB2 is for specialty skilled people, that US desperately needs,(don't make me brag about my skills)..

which is proven by PERM process, unless ur EVVVVVC model employer bent the rules..

I get a little troubled by people's assertion that you should leave and go elsewhere if you are pained by the immigration system here.

it is not actually a little trouble ....it's frightening to imagine a society with full of compromised people with no will power and desire to fix issues but just resort to accepting whatever is thrown them..we already know one such soceity, which we escaped from, u know?

it's actually people with ur mentality that don't fit in US society here..ever read US freedom history? do u know it started due to "taxation without representation"..? basically that’s US101, which u lack..

You are comparing apples and oranges. This stuff was centuries ago. The world is different today.

I am not affected by any of this latest retrogression drama, but not everybody that is going thru EB process is desperate and begging for a job like u people(mostly software QA testing jobs)..

Infact it’s the other way, Eb category , esp EB2 is for specialty skilled people, that US desperately needs,(don't make me brag about my skills)..

which is proven by PERM process, unless ur EVVVVVC model employer bent the rules..

You are disillusioned. Taxation without representation does not make sense when it's forced. Foreigners who come to work in US are not being forced to work and pay taxes. They choose to come n work in US so they have to abide by the law.

You are comparing apples and oranges. This stuff was centuries ago. The world is different today.

huh? US constitution and bill of rights was written more than two centuries ago too..Have they been removed?

The core values on which US declared independence never change..period.

every oath including President's dictate one thing..to protect these values and fundamentals..

huh? US constitution and bill of rights was written more than two centuries ago too..Have they been removed?

You talked about the "Boston Tea Party" stuff. Last I checked, that's not in the Constitution.

"Taxation without representation" is not in the US Constitution.

They choose to come n work in US so they have to abide by the law.

who is not abiding by the law? anybody refusing to pay the taxes?

what law you are speaking about?...I have asked u to show me the reference to a law or USCIS policy/memo statements that people seeking GCs should shut the ..up and and USCIS willl do things as they please??

u said centuries old stuff doesn't matter anymore..

No, I didn't. I said that the "Boston Tea Party" stuff is not applicable nowadays.

That's the "centuries old stuff" that doesn't matter anymore.

"Taxation without Representation" is not in the US Constitution.

US laws allow for "Taxation without Representation" in certain instances, e.g., wrt non-US citizens.

It applies to quota system also. It was put in place decades ago and world has changed since then, Thats why we need to change the status quo.

The "decades ago" is early 1990s.

The world hasn't changed much since then.

And btw, the H1 also got introduced at that time. Are you suggesting that the H1 is outdated as well?

Or are you trying to pick-and-choose?

Archived