EAD Trouble

Nivas

I hope no one has to go through the nightmare trouble that I’m going through to get an extension on my EAD ( Fourth extension since 2007 ) . I have filed for EAD on 05/24 116 days before the current one expires and 85 days later on 08/ 17 I received a RFE that says they cannot locate my EAD application and asked me to send everything again to reconstruct the application. Within 4 hours of receiving the RFE letter I resent everything and Texas service center received it next day and the status changed from RFE to reviewing RFE. Since I haven’t heard anything back from them I contacted NCSC and the next day on 08/30 the online status changed to RFE again and the status says they mailed me a letter on 08/31 which I haven’t yet received and I live 20 minutes from Texas service center. I went to Infopass in Dallas office and they say after the file is reconstructed it is not even assigned to an officer and they don’t think there is any letter mailed on 08/30. I called NCSC with my attorney and they wanted me to wait at least 14 days for the letter to deliver , a letter that is probably never mailed. I never ever missed any letters from Texas service center in last 11 years.

So far I contacted NCSC two times, sent an email/ fax / mail to Texas service center, Went to Infopass two times, filed a case online with DHS ombudsman’s office , contacted a congressman’s office with no luck and my EAD expires in 6 days. Is there anything else that I should be doing. Your input is appreciated.

Archived