h1b visa approved - but waiting

marellasri

Hi All,

I went to Montreal , canada for h1B stamping on August 31st and i was told that my VISA was approved and i will be contacted within 5 business days.

Now it's September 11th and they have not contacted me yet , when i tried t contact them by email they said my application is still under review and will be contacted once the decision is made.

This sentence perplexed me as i was assuming my visa was already approved but when they used words like under review and decision to be made it raised few questions in my mind.

has anyone ever had similar experience like this? if anyone had this experience before finally did you got visa and in how many days?

I am just n confusion as i already told everyone that i got visa and now am not sure...will there be any chances of rejection now?

what would be the reason for this delay?

if anyone could answer these questions for me it would be great help.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

I think you should be good..... last week was short week and as per forums discussion my guess today you should get email today......

BTW can you please share your experience EC or EVC, hotel and total time at consulate and docs you took for interview.

I have interview on nxt month 5th

Thanks

thanks to you all for your responses.

I had my masters from US and am in EVC. consulate did not ask for any documents.

i went to consulate around 8 AM . they do not accept any back packs so please leave them at hotel. I did not stay in hotel as i stayed at my cousins place.

first counter it took upto 15 mins to get my turn then took couple of minutes for them to lookup details on system.

then waited around 30 minutes to go to the VO it only took 5 minutes with VO he did ask me client ,employer and my role responsibilities and why did i change to new employer ..thats all..

then he said VISA is approved and i left from the consulate.

thanks to you all for your responses.

I had my masters from US and am in EVC. consulate did not ask for any documents.

i went to consulate around 8 AM . they do not accept any back packs so please leave them at hotel. I did not stay in hotel as i stayed at my cousins place.

first counter it took upto 15 mins to get my turn then took couple of minutes for them to lookup details on system.

then waited around 30 minutes to go to the VO it only took 5 minutes with VO he did ask me client ,employer and my role responsibilities and why did i change to new employer ..thats all..

then he said VISA is approved and i left from the consulate.

Hello marellasri,

can you update the post when you get the passport .

Thanks

marellasri

• 2 weeks later...

Archived