My visa stamping experience in Toronto

sratlanta

I had my appointment on Sep4th at Toronto US Consulate and VO asked for these documents passport,ds160, appt letter, I797, photos. It all depends on the VO and his/her mood. Be sure to carry atleast CAD10, incase you need to take a photo there. Luckily i had some CAD. Do not carry any electronics. I am waiting to get my passport back. They say it takes 3-5 business days to get back the passport. You need to reach there and stand in line 20 minutes before the appointment. So try to get there atleast half hour early. Due to my bad luck, train breakdown, heavy rains, i was able to reach there just in time. The consulate doesnt have any place to store things, so make sure you dont carry them(electronics/anything that they wont allow inside).

The VO asked me about my company, what they do, how i got to know about the company, about my work at client location, about the team size, about my education, about my client location and salary. She read thru the petition and said its approved and gave a paper that describes the procedure to collect the passport. The interview lasted for about 2-3 minutes but i spent almost 2 hours inside waiting to be called.

There was one line to check the appointment, then another to validate photo and confirm the DS160 barcode, then another to get fingerprints and then finally the interview.

These are the documents i carried:

ds160 barcode,appointment confirmation,i797,LCA,i129,passport

client letter(must),vendor letter,employer letter/offer letter,contract between client and vendor,contract between vendor and employer,contract between employer and employee

timesheets

paystubs

W2s

resume

photograph - 2(should be recent)

bank statements

state unemployment wage reports

notarized list of all petitioner's employees for each location

client side location photographs

Manager's contact details

Employer's contact details

petitioner's income tax return for last 2 years and financial statements

485,EAD,AP,140,educational documents,itinerary print out

some CAD. (atleast 10/20 with some change)

Archived