H1b Stamping before the Current Visa Expires!!!!

machoman

Hi All

I 2 concerns

Firstly, going for Stamping before the Current Visa Expires. is that a good move. i hope they dont stamp Invalid on the current visa once i face the consulate. Even if i get any background check i want to enter US with the current Visa.

Secondly, whats the Success rate for EVCC Model!!!

Employer+Prime Vendor+Cognizant+End Client!!!

And as Per Purchase order & LCA,I have Company Name as --Cognizant/endClient

All are providing the Letter.

please Answer my question i greatly appreciate!!!

Thanks

Hi,

I believe the moment you go for a Visa interview any current Visa will be stamped cancelled, depending on the outcome of the interview you might get either a new visa or no visa.

I wouldnt recommend this move, if you have a valid visa why would you want to go for interview again?

Anyways - This my opinion only and I would wait for others to comment.

Thanks,

Areddy.

hmm. when u have a valid visa to enter to US, what in the hell made u to think about attending visa interview again.

when u attend a visa interview, by default all of ur previous visa's will be cancelled.

evcc model. if u plan to attend interview in india, be prepared to stay there for few months. not sure how safe is that in canada/mexico.

my opinion, travel outside usa and come back to usa with ur current valid visa and supporting documens(h1b extension). thats good enough. dont attend fresh visa interview

As you have all letters i.e., from primary vendor, CTS & client there are very high chances of getting your visa approved. Even you have a valid visa in passport which is expiring shortly, you can attend for extension visa.

In very rare cases, visa officers cancel the existing valid visa when your new visa is denied. In some cases, they don't bother about existing visa which helps you to come back to USA with new petition.

Less than an year back I attended for visa extension though I have a valid visa in my passport which is expiring in 2 months. But as I am working for large MNC by that time my new visa is approved without any problem.

Hope this info is helpful. Good Luck!!

Don't gamble. You are in EVVC model and you need to play it safe. If there is no emergency, drop your plans. If there is emergency finish it off and come back before your visa expires. If you still want to go then prefer Canada/Mexico/Bahamas than India.

I should tell my case. I was in EVC model and I had Client as well as Vendor letters back in Oct 2011 and I came for visa stamping to India. Since then I got stuck here. That is the worst career decision I have made and I regret it.

• 6 months later...

hi luck2u and others,

I am planning to do the same, i.e plan to attend visa interview in Mexico for H1 b renewal , about 2 months before the current visa stamp expiration. my current stamp is valid till june 15 2013, can I attend the visa interview in may 2013 after the approval of the I-797 form for extension? As it looks like you have done the same, I wanted confirm whether we can attend for visa stamping before the current visa stamp expires?

thank you

apulsar

hi luck2u and others,

I am planning to do the same, i.e plan to attend visa interview in Mexico for H1 b renewal , about 2 months before the current visa stamp expiration. my current stamp is valid till june 15 2013, can I attend the visa interview in may 2013 after the approval of the I-797 form for extension? As it looks like you have done the same, I wanted confirm whether we can attend for visa stamping before the current visa stamp expires?

thank you

apulsar

You can.

• 1 month later...

Dear Sirs

I am really sorry for bothering you all, but just saw a post in the forum where you had mentioned the possibility of getting the H1B visa renewed before the old visa expires. I have couple of queries based on that. My current H1B expires in September 2013, and I plan to get my new H1B(approval petition valid until 2016) stamped during July 2013. I hope there will be no issues regarding this. Secondly, considering that the consulate approves my visa, can I enter the country right away? I hope there will be no wait time/buffer time before I can enter USA(as my new petition only starts Sep 5th 2013). Please help me in this regard.

Archived