Withdrawing H1B application pending Admin processing

hoosier2011

Hi folks,

I went for my H1b extension stamping in Dubai on Mar 17th 2011 and was put under admin processing. No docs asked. Early July my case status updated and I dropped off the passport for stamping. I received it back in a week without stamping and a pink slip stating further admin processing.

My last name is khan and the consulate emailed me saying my common last name could be the reason for the name check. They say the processing could take several months.I have been waiting ever since.

I would like to withdraw my visa application from Dubai and go for stamping again in Hyd or a different location. I am a full time employee, a Mech. engg. and have no vendors or layers or contracts.

I have been following the forums for the last five months and reading posts about people going for stamping again with a different petition and getting succesful.

1).However, since I am direct employee and I plan on using the same petition for the second interview, what are the chances of my visa approval.

2). Would I be put under the name check again? FYI, my first stamping in Bahamas in 2007 was a breeze and had no issues.

3). After I let the US embassy in Dubai know that I intend to withdraw my visa application, would the embassy take back the name check requests they may have sent to FBI and different agencies back in US.

Since my case is a name check for sure, I am wondering how it will affect my second interview.I have a feeling I may have been picked for name check because I was interviewed in Dubai. Had my last name been an issue, I would have had to go thru the name check in Bahamas too, but I had no issues.

People, I certainly apologize about my lengthy post but I wanted to put things out clearly. I really appreciate your suggestions and replies.

As per my short knowledge, One can not with draw the application after appearing in for any change of status or Ext of current status.

One has to wait for the out come of the application, based on that, one can further proceed as you mentioned you read different posts, all of them waited and after out come moved on.

Be patient and you will get through.

Originally posted by hoosier2011:

Hi folks,

I went for my H1b extension stamping in Dubai on Mar 17th 2011 and was put under admin processing. No docs asked. Early July my case status updated and I dropped off the passport for stamping. I received it back in a week without stamping and a pink slip stating further admin processing.

My last name is khan and the consulate emailed me saying my common last name could be the reason for the name check. They say the processing could take several months.I have been waiting ever since.

I would like to withdraw my visa application from Dubai and go for stamping again in Hyd or a different location. I am a full time employee, a Mech. engg. and have no vendors or layers or contracts.

I have been following the forums for the last five months and reading posts about people going for stamping again with a different petition and getting succesful.

1).However, since I am direct employee and I plan on using the same petition for the second interview, what are the chances of my visa approval.

2). Would I be put under the name check again? FYI, my first stamping in Bahamas in 2007 was a breeze and had no issues.

3). After I let the US embassy in Dubai know that I intend to withdraw my visa application, would the embassy take back the name check requests they may have sent to FBI and different agencies back in US.

Since my case is a name check for sure, I am wondering how it will affect my second interview.I have a feeling I may have been picked for name check because I was interviewed in Dubai. Had my last name been an issue, I would have had to go thru the name check in Bahamas too, but I had no issues.

People, I certainly apologize about my lengthy post but I wanted to put things out clearly. I really appreciate your suggestions and replies.

If you have appeared for Interview @ consulate in Dubai and are stuck in name check and now if you withdraw your application and apply @ some other consulate you will surely get another 221G.

The fact that your last name is Khan is not that big of an issue but the fact that you appeared @ Dubai (Middle Easter) consulate and then withdraw your application from there because you were 221G will make your case worse.

I have read about somebody's experience in Bahamas where they were picked for a random security check and the VO was kind enough to tell the applicant to withdraw the visa application and go back to his home country for stamping. The person came to India , wasnt picked for the security check again. However he had issues with his employment model and got 221g Which has become a norm these days.

So I am trying to make a point here that if a visa petition can be withdrawn, one can probably go for another interview on the same peition. my two cents.

Originally posted by amergulzar:

As per my short knowledge, One can not with draw the application after appearing in for any change of status or Ext of current status.

One has to wait for the out come of the application, based on that, one can further proceed as you mentioned you read different posts, all of them waited and after out come moved on.

Be patient and you will get through.

Originally posted by hoosier2011:

Hi folks,

I had to make an emergency trip to india on account of family medical reasons. I dont think i could have got appointment here in india that fast. Moreover, my wife had her visa stamped in Dec 2010 at Dubai with no issues. So I am not sure that having interviewed in Dubai will impact how much for my second interview, as I believe once the visa app is withdrawn, that should make me a fresh candidate. Just a thought.

Originally posted by sanjivvinaik:

If you have appeared for Interview @ consulate in Dubai and are stuck in name check and now if you withdraw your application and apply @ some other consulate you will surely get another 221G.

The fact that your last name is Khan is not that big of an issue but the fact that you appeared @ Dubai (Middle Easter) consulate and then withdraw your application from there because you were 221G will make your case worse.

• 1 year later...

Archived