H1B TO H4

pravas

Hi,

I am on my H1B. I went to India in 2011 for my wedding as well as H1B stamping. I received a 221g. I went back for H4 visa as my husbands H1 visa has been approved until 2014.

I am back in US and got a new job. My employer applied for my H1B and it got approved till feb 2013.

Now I am planning to go to Canada for my H1B stamping. In case my H1B gets rejected. Will I be able to return to US on my H4 visa that I had before or does my H4 visa become invalid?

As soon as your H1B validity date starts, there is no more H4 visa status for you in USA. So, you cannot return back to USA on H4 if you have any issues while attending for H1B visa in Canada or in any country.

Though you have valid H4 visa in passport, after H1B period started it's no more valid. Hope this info is clear.

"Though you have valid H4 visa in passport, after H1B period started it's no more valid"

Absolute balderdash. Please do not mislead people with ignorance. @ ADMIN, PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL.

@OP

If your H1 visa is denied in Canada you will have to go home to get the visa. Talk to your Employer and possibly a Lawyer to go over your credentials to give you an idea.

Archived