GOT VISA after 1.5 yrs :) finally !!

kishanla

This is long painful story which finally ended in my favor.

I had applied for H1 after my opt got over and it got approved..

I came from stamping on April 21st 2011, I went to hyderabad consulate, and My visa was put under 221G and finally got rejected after keeping me waiting for 4 months.

2nd H1B:

I applied again , with different employer this time, in oct 2011 , again got 221G this time E-C model. @ hyderabad consulate... still no update. its been almost an year.

I decided to apply again, in April 2012 , went for visa interview , but this time chennai , again they gave me 221G blue ... but after 3 months, this august, I was issued Visa.

So ppl out there who are stuck, keep trying there is lot of hope :)

All the best. !!

@kishanla - congrats on ur visa after long wait. can u get me ans for these ques

1. did u withdraw ur 2nd petiiton which is still pending in hyd, the third time u went for in chennai?

2. in ds 160 did u mention u were rejected earlier?

3. did vo ask u about your previous rejection and the 2nd pending petition in chennai?

Hi Kishanla,

Congratulations on finally getting a visa after such a wait!

Can you please clarify what kind of 221g form you got - blue, green , pink - did they ask for any documents or not, do you have a common muslim name, or when they rejected your visa was it after sending it back to USCIS?

the answers will help many people,

thanks

@vijaisekar :

1. No i did not withdraw my application at the hyd consulate.

2. yes i did mention that my visa was rejected earlier.. when i came first time in april 2011.

3. VO did not ask any questions related to my previous petitions.

INTERVIEW @ CHENNAI :

VO: Hello

ME: Hello good afternoon

VO: Good afternoon.

VO: can you hand me over your petition related documents and passport.

ME: Sure , gave I797, I129, LCA and pp

VO : Where will you be working in USA? and what will be your salary ?

ME : answered the location and salary based on lca

VO: she smiled and looked at her system...after a while she went inside to talk to a old gentleman..and came back saying... give me all documents you have anything which you want us to look at. And wait in lobby we will call you again.

I gave all documentation provided by my company :

Viz:

1 annual report

2. company profile

3. contract agreements

4. offer letter

5 health benefits plan

All the good stuff that consulates require.

I waited in lobby for 4 hrs and was the last person available , later VO asked me to appear at the window, and gave me 221G blue and told they would need time to verify few things.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ MO28 :

I got 221G yellow .. when i got reject for first time in hyd. They asked me e-e related doc's like tax related documents from employer and mainly i was missing letter to USCIS which i could not submit later too. Yes my case was sent back to USCIS in first stamping @ hyd.

It was a E_V_C model, rest of other 2 interviews were E_C model.

NO I dont have a common muslim name.

This is long painful story which finally ended in my favor.

I had applied for H1 after my opt got over and it got approved..

I came from stamping on April 21st 2011, I went to hyderabad consulate, and My visa was put under 221G and finally got rejected after keeping me waiting for 4 months.

2nd H1B:

I applied again , with different employer this time, in oct 2011 , again got 221G this time E-C model. @ hyderabad consulate... still no update. its been almost an year.

I decided to apply again, in April 2012 , went for visa interview , but this time chennai , again they gave me 221G blue ... but after 3 months, this august, I was issued Visa.

So ppl out there who are stuck, keep trying there is lot of hope :)

All the best. !!

Hi Kishanla ,

Congrats.

Just need one more calrification, The third time when you went to chennai for stamping, Is it the same EMPLOYER thats pending(2nd time) or is it again a new employer?

I am also in the same situation.

Thanks,

rvisac

@ sakethwins : I only had 1 reason for given for first rejection , 2nd application is still pending with hyd consulate. The reason given to me for 1st rejection was E-E relation issue.

@ rvisac : 3rd time it was a different employer.

Hi kishanla,

Thanks for the clarification. Have one more question.

So the third time its a new H1 application(from the scratch), right ?

Its nothing like transfer of the existing one , right ?

Thanks

Archived