I-94 expired and have a valid i-797 thru sept 2013

vsawyer

Hi All,

I have a situation with expired I-94( expired sep 2011), mostly because of my lack of knowledge about I-94.

I was with Emploer A and visa stamped on the passport with emp A and then got a new job and new H1 with Emp B, Last year I traveled home country and when I left country last year I did drop both the I-94s I have

I believe I showed both I797s to CBP but when I filled out I-94 on the back I gave emp A info as I'm entering with Emp A stamping.

I just found ou that my I-94 expired as of Sept 2011, Emp B I797 came with two I-94 one to keep in passport and one for personal records ( droped one at airport last year) and I have been looking at this i-94 ( detach for your personal reccords) all these days and thought my i-94 is valid until sept 2013.

what should I do now?

What are my options?

I really really appreciate any input.

Thanks

I am exactly in the same situation. My I94 expired in nov 2011 because my passport was also expiring. I renewed my passport but I dont know I need to renew my I94. My I797 is valid till Oct 2012. Now I am going for extension and got to know about my I94 expired.

What should I do now? Help needed.

Thanks!

Hi TAll,

My attorney told me to go to nearest CBP, So I called a cbp location and told him I have a wrong date on my I-94 and correction then cbp officer told to me come in with the docs that I had at the time of my arrival (last year) and went there and he corrected it.....twist is my passport expired couple months ago and CBP officer told me that poe the officer should have given i-94 validity untill your passport expiry date and he corrected to that point mentioning a reson on the i-94.

can the adavnced members advise me what is the best option to get me back to status ( now I'm out of status for the last 2 months I believe based on the discussions in the forum).

Tek4us send me your phone no to vsawyer911@gmail.com and I will call you or you can send me an email with any questions.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Hi Pontevecchio,

My attoreney is saying go back home and get visa stamping done, I can do that but there is question the ds form for visa that ask if you ever over stayed your visa? not sure what to answer yes/no and I doubt that visa officer would want to listen what I'm trying to say even though it's a honest mistake.

is there any other way, I heared about NPT and my attoreny says is easy to go for stamping than apply for NPT, is NPT time taking taking? and risky?

i'm scared what if visa officer didn't want to listen to how it all happened.

Please adive your opinion and options I can think of.

thanks in advance!

Archived