New I-94 validity Doubt

Karna11

Hi friendz,

i got H1b Visa in june 2012 that one is valid from oct 2012 to oct 2015, in this h1 copy I-94 no is same as the my pass port I-94,

but recently i went to INdia on OPT extension, my OPT extension validity till Dec 2012, i got the new I-94 in POE stamped with F1 D/S .

My question is

1) which i-94 will be activate from OCt 2012,

2) i need go to stamping before dec 2012 must or not?

please give my reply ASAP

Looks like, You visited India after June 2012 (after receiving the updated I-94). I think in this case your old I-94 (H1-B) is no longer valid. The I-94 which you right now with F1 D/S stamped is the valid and effective one. You should have returned back the H1B I-94 when you went back to India.

I-94 is for one particular stay. You can keep changing the status on I-94 but once you leave the country, you should return all your I-94s and when you enter the US, you get the new one.

For changing status to H1-B, either you go out of the US and get our Visa stamped or apply for change of status from F-1 to H1. An experienced attorney will be able to help you.

But one thing is sure, your status wont change to H1-B all by itself.

Looks like, You visited India after June 2012 (after receiving the updated I-94). I think in this case your old I-94 (H1-B) is no longer valid. The I-94 which you right now with F1 D/S stamped is the valid and effective one. You should have returned back the H1B I-94 when you went back to India.

I-94 is for one particular stay. You can keep changing the status on I-94 but once you leave the country, you should return all your I-94s and when you enter the US, you get the new one.

For changing status to H1-B, either you go out of the US and get our Visa stamped or apply for change of status from F-1 to H1. An experienced attorney will be able to help you.

But one thing is sure, your status wont change to H1-B all by itself.

your status wont change to H1-B all by itself . what is this meaning, can u explaing breefly.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived