Suggestions Needed For Fist Time H1 Stamping In Canada

Texas Resident

Hi Folks,

I have done my masters in US. I got my first H1 approved in 2010 but got it only for 1 year. This year i got my H1 extended for 3 more years and I applied my H1 both the times with the same Client ( I work on EVC model ). My new H1 starts from October 1 2012. This would be my first time out of the country to get my visa stamping. My questions for anyone that can help are..

1. Can I go to Canada to get my new visa stamped in the last 2 weeks of September.

2. When is the latest I can go to Canada to get my Visa stamped on the new H1.

3. Will there be any issues when i come back to US at the port of entry in case of successful stamping before October 1st.

Appreciate inputs and suggestions from anyone that have been through similar situation or anyone that has idea about these kind of situations.

Thanks in advance....

@Mirage 09 Thanks for your response.. My second question if I have not explained it well before is... what can be the earliest I can go to Canada to get my H1 stamping When my new H1 that i want to get stamped on starts on October 1st 2012. I mean is there any rule saying we can go to stamping not earlier than some number of weeks before the H1 start date which in my case is Oct1st 2012.

@kgdesi.... Thanks for your response.. Thanks for correcting me ,.I am sorry My first H1 was approved for one year in 2011 not 2010.Now i am on my first H1 ( Oct 1st 2011 to Sept 30th 2012 ) during which I did not go for stamping and now I got my H1 extended for 3 more years from Oct 2012 till sep 2015.

Thanks again for your time in responding back to my questions...

@Mirage 09 Thanks for your response.. My second question if I have not explained it well before is... what can be the earliest I can go to Canada to get my H1 stamping When my new H1 that i want to get stamped on starts on October 1st 2012. I mean is there any rule saying we can go to stamping not earlier than some number of weeks before the H1 start date which in my case is Oct1st 2012.

I dont think there is a hard and fast rule. A close friend of mine went a month before his new petition was supposed to start and all was well; this was in 2011 at the Vancouver consulate. You should send an email to the consulate to confirm this fact.

Archived