Dream Act

guest38

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, illegal aliens (who are violating the law, often for many years) get employment authorization (at least temporarily) while legal aliens on H-4 visas get nothing :(.

This is not justification in any way, shape, or form to violate immigration laws. One must follow all immigration rules, regulations, and laws to the letter, and always be completely honest on all immigration filings and with all immigration officials and officers.

Unfortunately, illegal aliens (who are violating the law, often for many years) get employment authorization (at least temporarily) while legal aliens on H-4 visas get nothing :(.

This is not justification in any way, shape, or form to violate immigration laws. One must follow all immigration rules, regulations, and laws to the letter, and always be completely honest on all immigration filings and with all immigration officials and officers.

Sigh.

When will people understand that this was about children who were brought here illegally without them having any say in it?

JoeF, respectfully, my kids were brought here as children without any say in it as well. The difference is that they are here legally.

Again, it is not the fault of the children that they were brought here illegally. The children are victims. And I suggest you have some compassion for victims.

Again, it is not the fault of the children that they were brought here illegally. The children are victims. And I suggest you have some compassion for victims.

So is it the fault of the children who were brought legally. I wonder where this compassion evaporates when it comes to the decades of wait for EB3 India victims ? I am not going for another round of your BS but it is Unfair to extend any benefit to illegals when similar benifit is not extended to legals. That only says -- I will reward you if you (or your parents) violate the law but punish you if you (or your parents) follow the law.

JoeF, I do have compassion for the kids brought here illegally by their parents, through no fault of their own. For that reason I am okay with the DACA policy. (That being said, I do not think they can claim being Innocent victims, as their parents and they knew their status, and the risks they were taking. The issue of personal responsibility comes into play.)

What upsets me is the inequality for kids (and spouses) here legally on H-4 visas, with no employment authorization benefits. While it is not true, the DACA employment authorization makes it appear that the rule of law is not that important with respect to being in the U.S. legally versus illegally.

JoeF, I do have compassion for the kids brought here illegally by their parents, through no fault of their own. For that reason I am okay with the DACA policy. (That being said, I do not think they can claim being Innocent victims, as their parents and they knew their status, and the risks they were taking. The issue of personal responsibility comes into play.)

Personal responsibility of the parents, sure. But are you saying that a 10-year-old would know about legal issues?

What upsets me is the inequality for kids (and spouses) here legally on H-4 visas, with no employment authorization benefits. While it is not true, the DACA employment authorization makes it appear that the rule of law is not that important with respect to being in the U.S. legally versus illegally.

Well, if a certain group hadn't tried to push a fundamentally flawed bill through Congress, we could have had some more sensible changes for these and other issues.

Unfortunately, the discussion over the last year has been almost exclusively about HR3012, and the supporters of that bad bill have drowned out any other possible bills, like STEM bills, or work authorization for dependents of H1.

JoeF,

Thank you for a civil discussion of the topic. Further in that vain ...

I am not saying that a 10-year-old would know about the legal issues. However, a teenager (say in high school) that wanted a part time job would certainly be aware of the situation they were put in. They may not know the details and subtleties of the immigration laws, regulations, and rules, but they are capable of understanding, and most likely would know, that they are residing in the U.S. illegally and appreciate the associated issues. (Think about the number of stories in the news about such high school kids facing immigration issues or protesting.)

I complete concur with your second point about what had Congress' focus with respect to employment based immigration since last November.

JoeF,

Thank you for a civil discussion of the topic. Further in that vain ...

I am not saying that a 10-year-old would know about the legal issues. However, a teenager (say in high school) that wanted a part time job would certainly be aware of the situation they were put in. They may not know the details and subtleties of the immigration laws, regulations, and rules, but they are capable of understanding, and most likely would know, that they are residing in the U.S. illegally and appreciate the associated issues. (Think about the number of stories in the news about such high school kids facing immigration issues or protesting.)

And still, as long as they are minors, they can't do anything about it, other than cursing their parents.

And even as young adults, having grown up here, going back to their country of birth, without money, without having a community there, is pretty much impossible. They are caught between a rock and a hard place.

I complete concur with your second point about what had Congress' focus with respect to employment based immigration since last November.

Let's hope that the next years bring some progress instead of flawed bills.

I agree that, these children are victims and innocent, but that doesn't mean that the law should be amended for the innocent victims.

Huh? You don't think victims should be helped?

The laws have lots of rules to help victims, in an immigration context e.g., asylum or refuge.

I agree.Then what about the victims of ****,TUV,******* university. They were gifted with 'GPS' tired to their legs.

They weren't victims. They signed up with these frauds knowing well that they were frauds. And they are all educated adults, already having a bachelor degree.

They only played the "victim" card, and some people in the Indian government fell for it. Note that there hasn't been any such "outcry" for the ******* situation, probably because by now everybody, even Indian politicians, understands that these people deliberately tries to get around the immigration laws.

They weren't victims. They signed up with these frauds knowing well that they were frauds. And they are all educated adults, already having a bachelor degree.

How do you know that they 'ALL' are frauds?

Almost 99% of immigrants in US irrespective of their visa status doesn't know much about immigration rules. If a person is educated and has a bachelor's degree doesn't mean that he/she knows everything about immigration. If you think that they should know everything then this forum wouldn't exists at all.

How do you know that they 'ALL' are frauds?

For TVU, did you have a look at their website? Anybody with a high school education had to know it was fake.

And with the extensive coverage of the TVU case by Indian media, and political activity up to the Indian government, people of course knew.

It is also known that a bunch of people from TVU signed up with **** and ******* after TVU went down.

And finally, lots of people, me included, warned about these frauds on forums. The thread about TVU on one forum was 40 pages long...

The bottom line is that all these people knew that TVU, ****, *******, *** are fake.

For TVU, did you have a look at their website? Anybody with a high school education had to know it was fake.

And with the extensive coverage of the TVU case by Indian media, and political activity up to the Indian government, people of course knew.

It is also known that a bunch of people from TVU signed up with **** and ******* after TVU went down.

And finally, lots of people, me included, warned about these frauds on forums. The thread about TVU on one forum was 40 pages long...

The bottom line is that all these people knew that TVU, ****, *******, *** are fake.

Now I am satisfied with your reply.

BTW, by supporting this relief act don't you think that govt is supporting illegal immigration?

Now I am satisfied with your reply.

BTW, by supporting this relief act don't you think that govt is supporting illegal immigration?

The government is within its rights to do what they deem necessary.

An amnesty may also be considered "supporting illegal immigration", but the government authorized an amnesty in 1986. That's what a government can do, pardon people.

Archived