Caada visiting visa validity

kchokkal

I Have I-797 validity until Jan-2013 , I am going to apply for the extension in two months and then go for stamping to canada. Meanwhile if i apply canada visitor visa(with I-797 validity jan2013) whether I will canada visa validity beyond jan-2013 or I need to wait and apply for it after the extension.

Please advice me who got the canada visa ...

I Have I-797 validity until Jan-2013 , I am going to apply for the extension in two months and then go for stamping to canada. Meanwhile if i apply canada visitor visa(with I-797 validity jan2013) whether I will canada visa validity beyond jan-2013 or I need to wait and apply for it after the extension.

Please advice me who got the canada visa ...

Canadian visa is not at all related to your US visa. If you are not a US citizen then you need to show the proof of your status, tht's it.

I recently got multiple-entry canada visitor visa from NY consulate. Expiry date on it is 3 weeks before I-797 validity date. Now, you have mixed experiences. Some people get based on passport expiry date and some do get based on H1B (I-797). Ask the name of consulate naveena08 got canada visa from. It may be a particular consulate that gives visa based on passport expiry date.

I was under the impression that (a multi-purpose) Canadian visitor visa's expiry date is earlier of the two:

1. expiry of current status in USA (My H-1B is valid until Dec 2014)
  2. expiry of passport (My passport is valid until April 2022)

I got my single-entry Canadian TRV on Aug 7, 2012 (yesterday) from the Canadian Consulate in Los Angeles, CA.

Unusually, I found out that it is valid only until June 2013. I'm not sure how/why they came up with that date.

Anyways, it's okay for me, as I'm planning to visit Canada in Oct 2012.

I requested for Multiple visa & got visa for 8 years, just one month before of the PP expiry date. This is my 3rd H1B extn & sent all I 797 copies to them. One of my friend also like me..

We can not guess how they are issuing the visas!

Did you apply in-person or by mail? what consulate? thanks

Archived