My Visa experience in Vancouver

visastamping777

Hi guys,

I had my Visa interview appointment on August 3rd (Friday) at 9:30 am at Vancouver.I started at 8:15 am and reached the US consulate by 8:30 am. It hardly took 15 minutes by walk from Hotel to the consulate. At the entrance, they checked my passport, DS-160 confirmation, I797A. They checked my Visa appointment letter and told me that I have booked the slot before the fee was increased by $40 (initially it was $150.00),so, I have to pay that differential amount of $40 because I am attending the interview after the changes took place. Then, the security checked me thoroughly, took my already switched off mobile phone and kept it in the locker, gave me a locker token, then directed me towards 1st floor. There again security check was done (as in the airport),directed me towards a counter where the person checked my passport, DS-160 confirmation, I-797A, gave me a Token number and told me to check the screen and announcement. First time when announced the token number, the person checked

my Visa appointment letter and told me to check the screen for further steps. In the screen, appeard as XXX token number to 20th floor. As directed, I went to the 20th floor and waited for my token number to call upon. Initially at counter 3, a person took the finger prints (of all 10 fingers). Finally, I got my call at 11:30 am (scheduled time was 9:30 am, delayed by 2 hours). When I went to the Visa officer (VO), he directed me to the cashier to pay the differential amount and come back. When I came back, he started the interview and the questions are as follows.

VO: Are you coming for 1st time H1B stamping?

Me: Yes

VO: Did you study in US?

VO: Which University?

Me: University Name, state

VO: Which degree?

Me: Masters in XYZ(Major)

VO: Who is your employer?

Me: ABC (Company Name)

VO: Is it located in New Jersey?

VO: What do they do?

Me: Software consulting company

VO: Do you work at your Employer's location?

Me: No, I work at Client's location

VO: Who is your Client?

Me: Client's Name, location

VO: Do you have any letter from them?

Me: Yes, I gave the Client letter to VO

VO: How long have you been working with your employer?

Me: Since Jan 2011

VO: How long have you been working with the Client?

Me: Since Feb 2012

VO: where did you work before that?

Me: old client name and location

VO: So, did you work in the same city (location) while you are with your employer?

VO: Can I have your W2?

Me: Showed W2(Year-2011)

VO: What is your annual salary?

Me: 65k

VO: But I could see only 55k in your W2?

Me: I started with 55k and now I am earning 65k

VO: Did you ever face any issues with your employer?

Me: No, I don't have any issues with my employer till now

VO: What do you mean by 'till now'?

Me: I mean to say that since I have joined this company, I didn't face even a single issue.

Then the VO told that your PIMS details aren't updated yet, so it may take a day longer to get your passport. Normally it takes 2 days but in your case it takes around 3 days for you to pick your passport. Once, PIMS is updated, we'll check and inform you if we need any further details. So check you email for any kind of updates.

Then, he took my passport, I797 and gave me a general instructions list which has passport pick up steps.

Waiting for an email update from the consulate.

Thanks

Congrats dude.

Is client letter mandatory ? due to my client company policies they cannot provide me Client letter. I work in EVC model and i am planning to Canada Vancouver some time in Oct.

Can you share the hotel name where you stayed in Vancouver?

I am not sure whether Client letter is mandatory because the VO didn't even ask for the client letter for some of my friends who attended the visa interview, but it is always good to have it when you are EVC model, I am also on EVC model. I stayed in Howard Johnson hotel which is 1.5 km from the consulate. There are few other hotels like Days Inn which are 0.6-0.8km from the consulate.

Hi Friends,

Finally, I received my passport with approved Visa on Thursday, 9th of August. Along with that they sent back the I797 which they took at interview time. The only thing that I wondered about is that I didn't receive any email update or perhaps I might have received it in my spam which I didn't notice before deleting.

Thanks.

Archived