Canada visa -- in person submission at NY city consulate

Appuser321

Hi,

I am planning to go to Canada consulate in new york city for dropping my passport for applying Canada visa.

i have below questions

1) Any idea whether we can collect the passport on the same day? or do i need to go again some other day to pick up?

2) Are there any optionof mailing my passport back if i provide them a UPS or Fedex envelope?

Thanks,

Raj

Hi Raj,

I have gone for an in person interview for candada vistor visa in new york on july 12th(Thrusday) ,they told me to pick up the passport on july 16(Monday).I told them i am unable to pickup therefore I have submitted pre paid envelope .I have recieved the visa stamped on July 28th.

I would prefer wait for one day and pick the passport rather than waiting for passport long time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi ,

I am also planning to apply for a canada temporary visitor visa in New Your. But searching online came to know that from June 18th 2012 in person application submissions have been stopped in New York & in your above answer you mentioned you attended on July 12th. Did they mentioned you anything about the in person submissions at the visa embassy.

Thanks in advance

Sai

Hi All,

Newyork consulate is accepting in-person. Below are the details.

Date: Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Subject: RE: Need information About TRV walk-in visa appointments

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Consulate will only accept applications by mail or in person.

Applications submitted in person may take 30 days to process, depending on the circumstances of the individual application. No appointment is necessary.

Effective June 13, 2011 our new hours of operation:

Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30 am

Mail-in applications will usually be processed in 30 working days of receipt, excluding mailing time. However, individual processing may take longer, depending on the circumstances. Please allow additional time for statutory holidays. Please note that applicants who mail in their applications may require an interview at our office before a decision is made regarding their application.

Please refer to the following link at our website for further information:

http://www.newyork.gc.ca

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section

Canadian Consulate General | Consulat général du Canada

1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.newyork.gc.ca

newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Archived