H1B Reinterview - 221g white - client verification required

sg1010

Hi,

I went for my H1B re-interview yesterday at HYD consulate. My first interview was in Sept,2011, then my case was sent back to USCIS and re-affirmed in June, 2012.

I triple checked that I had all necessary docs for the interview (I'm in EC model) - latest Client letter, I-797s, employer verification letter, I-129, W2s, paystubs etc

The VO just asked me for a client letter dated in 2012. I had one recently from my client (on the client company's letterhead with my client manager's signature and contact information) cos I have been working remotely since last year.

He told me that they need to do a client verification to ensure that my end client still has a position for me and that ..."the client letter is authentic". I was shocked!!! Everything he wanted was right there on the client letter. But, he said there is lot of fraud going these days with re-affirmed cases and they need to do a verification to ensure that is not happening.

I understand his point but my patience has been tested beyond limits over here despite doing all the right things and having all genuine documents.

So, question is how long can this verification take? Anyone who knows or have been through a similar experience?

Sorry to hear what has happened. Verification is done on a random basis and on a case by case basis. So, there is no set pattern on the verification process. Please note that there is no set time for consulars to complete the whole process. It might take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get the process completed.

Keep your fingers crossed and I assume your employer is genuine, pays people on time and has no track record with USCIS on any grounds. If your employer is genuine and you been receiving salary on a timely basis, then verification is just a mere process and chances are, you will get it approved in 2 weeks time. Validating a client letter and identifying the position availability at the client site will not even take 2 days time, however, once they start verifying something, they will do other checks on your case, that includes validating your employer as well. Hope it helps and I pray god to help you get your visa on time. Good Luck.

Hi,

I went for my H1B re-interview yesterday at HYD consulate. My first interview was in Sept,2011, then my case was sent back to USCIS and re-affirmed in June, 2012.

I triple checked that I had all necessary docs for the interview (I'm in EC model) - latest Client letter, I-797s, employer verification letter, I-129, W2s, paystubs etc

The VO just asked me for a client letter dated in 2012. I had one recently from my client (on the client company's letterhead with my client manager's signature and contact information) cos I have been working remotely since last year.

He told me that they need to do a client verification to ensure that my end client still has a position for me and that ..."the client letter is authentic". I was shocked!!! Everything he wanted was right there on the client letter. But, he said there is lot of fraud going these days with re-affirmed cases and they need to do a verification to ensure that is not happening.

I understand his point but my patience has been tested beyond limits over here despite doing all the right things and having all genuine documents.

So, question is how long can this verification take? Anyone who knows or have been through a similar experience?

In my case, verification was done 10 weeks after I dropped off the docs

@sg1010 Any updates in your case?

In my case I have been called for re-interview which I am planning to schedule this month end. My vendor gave the letter. But it seems my client doesn't have a position for me anymore, they have some budget cuts happening now. But I requested him for the client letter anyways, he told he will try what he can do, need to see how it progresses. I am not sure in my case if they approach client for verification after the interview, I might find myself in trouble. Praying god..

• 2 weeks later...

@Dontworrybehappy - Yes, I finally got my visa!!! :-)

They had contacted my client on the same day of my interview and got a positive response from them. Few days later, they asked me to submit my passport and then I received it with the stamp!! what a huge relief!!

Client verification seems common these days. So, I would say be careful about your client letter. It could severely backfire if a verification is done and your client says they don't have a position ready for you. Don't give the consulate a chance to reject you on grounds of misrepresentation of facts. Try to get a project if you can. What is your employer saying?

@sg1010 Great news and Hearty Congratulations. :)

Today I attended my re-interview as well. Visa Officer told that he needs to verify client whether there is a project. He kept my Passport & Original reaffirmation copy with him though. He didn't give any 221(g) this time. He told he will issue Visa if client confirms there is a project waiting for me. If there is no project then he told he will return my petition back to USCIS with the reason of lack of employment.

Actually initially my manager told that he don't have any openings in his team. But he tried in another team and there is a opening there. The manager of the other team was earlier in our team and I was reporting to him as well. So no worries about the project as of now.

I updated my managers about my interview experience and alerted them to be prepared for verification from U.S.Consulate.

@All Client verification is becoming common in the reaffirmed cases. Example sg1010 and me, Please ensure you have a project in hand when appearing for re-interview with reaffirmed petition.

• 2 weeks later...

@sg1010 and @ Dontworrtbehappy .... EVeN i am in the same boat ... I took interview on Aug 30 and client verification was done on same day . My manager has also got acknowledgement that verification results are already sent to Hyd consulate . How long do you guyz think this would take. .

My case was that mine was the first H1 for my company . I am working for a direct vendor company which has agreement with client . VO asked me why all of a sudden a company which never sponsored anyone all of sudden thought of sponsoring you . he got struck on that question . I have been with the client for almost 2 years first on EVC model and Feb this year i moved to the Vendor company and they sponsored my H1 . My client letter says i working with them since Oct 2010 . I hope that would not be problem now . will it be a problem if Vendor is staffing company ?

My manager was very prompt on responding .

And also I still have Valid OPT extension and F1 visa for reentry till nov 28 th .Will I be able to reenter while this is in progress .

Thank you ,

Rakesh

How long do you guyz think this would take. .

Usually it takes 2-4 weeks. If you are unlucky, it's indefinite.

My case was that mine was the first H1 for my company . I am working for a direct vendor company which has agreement with client . VO asked me why all of a sudden a company which never sponsored anyone all of sudden thought of sponsoring you . he got struck on that question . I have been with the client for almost 2 years first on EVC model and Feb this year i moved to the Vendor company and they sponsored my H1 . My client letter says i working with them since Oct 2010 . I hope that would not be problem now . will it be a problem if Vendor is staffing company ?

I don't think it should be a problem. Actually it's a good sign to switch to Vendor and have EC model.

And also I still have Valid OPT extension and F1 visa for reentry till nov 28 th .Will I be able to reenter while this is in progress .

I am not sure whether you can be able to resume your work on OPT with your Employer. If it is legal, wait till September end, if you don't get a result by then, you can opt for OPT.

Archived