Planning to go India after 6 1/2 years, first time F1-> H1

andhrafan

Go to Canada since you studied on F1 and worked in USA all the time. Chances are better there to get a visa compared to the consulates in India. But be prepared for delays in either of them.

Also have Client letter handy. I think you might know by now that you may expect some Employer-Employee related questions. Be prepared for them as well.

Can you guys please tell me if there is any problem because i did not go for 6 1/2 years

also im working in E V V C model.

which is better to go Chennai or Canada

please suggest

No to discourage you, but this will be your last trip if you don't change your job.

Getting visa working on EVC model is almost impossible. If you have a chance find a FT job or EC.

This is my opinion. There are few ppl who got visa working in EVVC model and got 221g who are working in EC model.

Go to Canada since you studied on F1 and worked in USA all the time. Chances are better there to get a visa compared to the consulates in India. But be prepared for delays in either of them. Also have Client letter handy. I think you might know by now that you may expect some Employer-Employee related questions. Be prepared for them as well.

will there be any questions for me not going for 6 1/2 years, is it taken seriously? if they ask why i did not go? what should i tell

thank you for the reply

will there be any questions for me not going for 6 1/2 years, is it taken seriously? if they ask why i did not go? what should i tell

thank you for the reply

I don't think that will be a big issue. You can say due to professional commitments it took a lot of time to visit home. The big issue is not getting a visa because of EVVC model.

As others suggested if there is no emergency situation in India, drop the plans to visit. Instead find out a full time job that will put you in a very good position to get visa & resume your career prospects in USA. Many people in EVC/EVVC model are regretting their decisions to visit home because that one decision/risk put their careers in turmoil.

If you are in must visit situation, I would suggest to give it a try in Canada and forget about returning back. If you have work from home option and if client agrees, you may work from India until 221(g) wait finishes or until client or vendor sponsors H1. If you don't have that option, Better be prepared for interviews to look for a job in India cause no client/vendor have patience to wait for more than 1 or 2 months for a consultant which they can replace within days. Also they will think twice before sponsoring you H1 because of the H1b costs and the risk of getting visa issues are involved.

I am summarizing my own experience here, which I have seen for the last 9 months in this forum. I was in EVC model and I had every document you can think of but that preparation doesn't matter to the consular officers who are very straight forward in their approach that if you are a consultant, they will hear all the blah blah you say in Interview and in the end the magic words they say are, "Welcome to Hell called 221(g)". When that happens if you are in Canada, you will regret choosing Canada because the expenses of waiting is more there. If you choose India, you will regret that I should have tried in Canada.

Think twice and make a sensible decision.

Archived