H1B Stamping Approved in Toronto but waiting for PIMS

torontodarling

Reference ID returns "No record found for this reference number". I called DHL and they say only waybill number can be used to track. There is a number (647.955.3736) at http://toronto.uscon...ov/contact.html which has an option to track the passport but it kept recording my date of birth as DD/MM/YYYY although I enter MM/DD/YYYY and it has other issues.

ceac.state.gov is not working since last week. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try?

Did you hear back from them?

Yes, she ( the counselor) clearly mentioned that my Visa has been approved, took my passport and I -797 and said it might take a day or two more to get my passport.

May be i'll try emailing them again today and see how it goes.

Btw, did you fly back to US ?

So, after the interview did the officer tell you that they have to do PIMS?

Also, on a side note, as per the rules, usually when a consulate requests PIMS verification to KCC they have to reply it within 48 hours. Thats the rule but they dont always follow the rules as no one is on the top of KCC. Also, sometimes the Visa officer may not request the PIMS on the same day as your interview which can delay as well.

Yes, she ( the counselor) clearly mentioned that my Visa has been approved, took my passport and I -797 and said it might take a day or two more to get my passport.

May be i'll try emailing them again today and see how it goes.

Btw, did you fly back to US ?

Yes, I did flew back on Tuesday itself. Direct flight to DC

Nope, haven't got any email from Loomis yet, but got my passport and I-797 ( in hand)

I decided to go to consulate on Thursday since i haven't heard from them since July 30th ( I had been to consulate once before - august 2nd) , asked the guy at the counter about the status, he said my petition is still being verified at Washington DC office and is pending from verification. ( same old words - urgh!)

I kept on asking him all kind of questions i could think of, hoping to hear back an "answer" from him, not just - "sorry we don't know" !!!

At last he telephoned and spoke to the counselor ( the one who interviewed me ) and asked her what's the status.

After prolong wait, i started back home ( to my cousins place)

While on my way back home i received the following email from consulate.

Dear Ms. XXX,

Your case has been approved by the Consular Officer today. Normal visa processing takes 2 – 3 business days, however given your situation we are going to try and have it ready for tomorrow (Friday August 10, 2012), however we cannot guarantee it. You may come back and check at 2:15pm tomorrow – your pick-up ticket number is XXXXX. There is no need to wait for DHL/Loomis delivery.

If it is not ready tomorrow, it will be on Monday August 13 at 2:15pm

Regards,

Vancouver NIV

Key things that helped in my process :

1) I had emailed consulate 2 times in 2 weeks span, and received reply both the times. So always keep in touch with the consulate, clearly explain them your situation and ask for reason behind the delay.

2) If you are in Vancouver and waiting for either PIMS verification or admin processing and haven't heard from consulate, i would strongly recommend emailing consulate at vancouverniv@state.gov first, if you don't hear from them with in 2 days, please go the consulate and talk to someone at the counter. Explain them your sutiation clearly, these guys are really helpful.

So finally picked up my passport and I-797 from Vancouver consulate on Friday, August 10th 2012 at 2:20 PM :)

Hey Sravs,

Did you get the email from loomis? I hope you get it cleared.

Congrats!

Nope, haven't got any email from Loomis yet, but got my passport and I-797 ( in hand)

I decided to go to consulate on Thursday since i haven't heard from them since July 30th ( I had been to consulate once before - august 2nd) , asked the guy at the counter about the status, he said my petition is still being verified at Washington DC office and is pending from verification. ( same old words - urgh!)

I kept on asking him all kind of questions i could think of, hoping to hear back an "answer" from him, not just - "sorry we don't know" !!!

At last he telephoned and spoke to the counselor ( the one who interviewed me ) and asked her what's the status.

Dear Ms. XXX,

Your case has been approved by the Consular Officer today. Normal visa processing takes 2 – 3 business days, however given your situation we are going to try and have it ready for tomorrow (Friday August 10, 2012), however we cannot guarantee it. You may come back and check at 2:15pm tomorrow – your pick-up ticket number is XXXXX. There is no need to wait for DHL/Loomis delivery.

Regards,

Vancouver NIV

1) I had emailed consulate 2 times in 2 weeks span, and received reply both the times. So always keep in touch with the consulate, clearly explain them your situation and ask for reason behind the delay.

2) If you are in Vancouver and waiting for either PIMS verification or admin processing and haven't heard from consulate, i would strongly recommend emailing consulate at vancouverniv@state.gov first, if you don't hear from them with in 2 days, please go the consulate and talk to someone at the counter. Explain them your sutiation clearly, these guys are really helpful.

So finally picked up my passport and I-797 from Vancouver consulate on Friday, August 10th 2012 at 2:20 PM :)

• 1 month later...

Dear Ms. XXX,

Regards,

Vancouver NIV

@Sravs - would you please send me test email on it.email2me@gmail.com

Archived