Successful Stamping in Ottawa, Canada on 23rd after PIMS verification

hyperdude

I left States on the 22nd. Reached Ottawa in the evening at 5:30. Took a Cab to Daysinn in the downtown. I heard that you can take a bus as well. It is almost similar to the Cab Ride how ever 30$ cheaper. I had my appointment for the Monday morning at 10:00. So, to know where the US Embassy is, we walked in the evening and it is about 1 km and 15 min walk form Daysinn. It made easier for me in the morning to go directly without wasting any time. Also don't take any backpacks with you as they are not allowed in the embassy.

I went in and had the security check done and walked in. There was a lady who was making sure that we had the passport, I 797, DS 160 and Photo. After that I was instructed to go to Window number 7. I submitted the above said and i was given a number and a laminated paper of oath. After 15 mins or so, I was called by a woman in window 4. She took the laminated paper and asked for fingerprints. Right four fingers, Left four fingers, Right thumb and Left thumb. I sat for another 10 - 15 min before I was called in for the actual interview at window 1.

VO: How are you doing?

ME: I am good officer. How are you doing?

VO: I am doing good. Thanks for asking.

VO: So what do you do Sir.

ME: I work as a programmer analyst for xxxx

VO: How long have you been working for them.

ME: For the past one and half year or so. Initially ?I was hired as an intern, they offered me a full time role later.

VO: PIMS has not been updated yet. You should hear back from us soon.

ME: Is it just the PIMS?

VO: Your Visa looks good. It is just the PIMS.

He gave me back nothing. He had the passport and I797 with him. I was mostly sure that it was approved at that time, but still had some concerns.

I called up my employer and told her that there was this PIMS verification, she tried to call USCIS and had the visa updated to KCC database. But was struck down by USCIS that this has to be initiated by KCC and not by the employer.

It was wednesday and I did not hear anything regarding PIMS. So, my employer followed up with KCC and this time they said that all information is now in the database. It is now in the hands of the VO to update and finish the approval process. No update for the whole day on Wednesday.

I was checking the status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx whole day and it updated around 3:50 PM, Thursday that my visa was issued.

I was checking my gmail for email from Loomis after the approval, I received it around 4:30 PM on Friday. Email read like this.

"Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX,

Your passport has been picked up from the Consular Section and within the next few days you will be able to pick it up at:

LOOMIS Ottawa HOLD FOR PICKUP

46 AURIGA DRIVE

NEPEAN, ON

K2E7Y3

Your Waybill Number is XXXXXXX.

Please click the link below to track your passport until it is ready for pickup:"

As the LOOMIS location is Ottawa, I had a hunch that the passport will be available the same evening. I had to rush there by talking a cab as it closes before 6:00.

I picked up the passport and booked the ticket back to states for Saturday using flyporter.com It costed me ~150 $.

Came back to US around 12:30 PM Saturday.

I was not asked for any other letters or supporting docs. Maybe it is pure luck, however please prepare yourselves for all the docs you need.

Total trip is for 6 days.

Hope this helps

Archived