Application Refused!

Probably, your case has been sent back to USCIS.

Many people, including myself told you to avoid layers as much as can as a reply to you previous post. It's very difficult to apply H1 visa without proper documents these days.

Only option you got is, find an FT job or atleast EC model.

Hello all,

Below is the status for H1b visa interview

Case Creation Date: 13-Apr-2012 Response Date: 20-Jul-2012

Your application was refused. Please see the letter or other instructions you received at the interview.

The status was pending till yesterday and today it says refused in DOS visa status site.

Please help me out what does this mean?

Where did you attend your Visa interview?

I am in the same boat, as per info from other users, they might have updated their DB for all records on 20th Jul, 221(g) itself is refusal, so they say that application is refused and hopefully our petitions are still valid

221g is not refusal...it clearly states in that form that the case is pending.

I attended visa Interview in Hyderabad. Actually the regular link which was there from many months shows administrative processing today but below that there is a new link now. When I tried to give my case # thorugh the new link it shows refused.

FYI below is the link where you find an other link inside below the case number

old link---http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html

new link below the case number-----https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Thank you!

221g is not refusal...it clearly states in that form that the case is pending.

221(g) is refusal and additional processing is required before final decision.. refer the links below

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/consular/refused-or-pending-visa.html

Administrative Processing: 221(g)

If your visa application was refused with a "221 (g)" notation for further administrative processing, please read these instructions before checking your case status below.

Please visit the Department of State Travel Site for information on administrative processing wait times.

@nrajdev you are looking into two different links and so you are getting different result.My status in the 2nd link is all the same refused as everyone

221g is not pending its temp refusal

you might have seen the below line in your 221g which indicate refusal. and 20 Jul is the DB

updated date same for everyone.

"As Per US consulate you case has been refused under 221g Imigration and Nationality Act"

I first appeared for H1B in Dec 2011 and it was refused that time and VO told me that we are sending your application to USCIS.

It was sent in the month of April 2012.

Now when I check that code in below link

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

it says same thing as "Refused"

but it shows update date is 20-Jul-2012.

So I don't know what to believe.

I appeared again through another employer as FTE in Mumbai and gave 221(g), Documents were submitted last month.

Now today i checked code in above link it also says "Refused" update date is 20-Jul-2012.

I don't know why it shows like that.

Any ideas ???

Another thing.

As Vo gave 221(g) letter asking to submit documents. Which were submitted later.

Now if you check the status at

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

It Says "Refused"

But also in bottom it says please check the instructions given at the time of interview. This means they updated it based on your interview not based on documents submitted later on.

This is what I think, I hope I am not wrong.

20-Jul-2012- is the last DOS Database updated date by consulate

No that is not correct, I looked at Mumbai case status site and picked up random application numbers.

Few it showed as 24th July and 26th July as well.

So I don't think 20th july was the last DOS database update.

Guys,

Don't get panic, I called chennai consulate(not even VFS) and was old case is pending. So what ever we see in DOS site may be incorrect because all the consulate will not refuse all pending cases in one day. They take months and months to make decision, in one day they cannot post random interview dates.

What about the USCIS Status check for your petition. The one that states:

Post Decision Activity

On March 7, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

This site still shows me the same thing even after the 20th July "refusal" status update on the DoS site.

How does this tie in to the DoS site update.

Is anyone checking that link too..?? Which by the way is: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

@Kanzer you are reffering to two differnt websites.

Your case is sent to USCIS and its currently under review which takes 4-6 months for them to respond according to USCIS page. In DOS site.sending to uscis can still be refusal as your petetetion reffered to USCIS for review to verify certain facts.20 th july as I indicates is the last DB update at DOS website by consulate to my knowladge as I got to know from 10-20 others.

What about the USCIS Status check for your petition. The one that states:

Post Decision Activity

On March 7, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

This site still shows me the same thing even after the 20th July "refusal" status update on the DoS site.

How does this tie in to the DoS site update.

Is anyone checking that link too..?? Which by the way is: https://egov.uscis.g...d/CaseStatus.do

What I believe is when you go for stamping, if visa is issued that time, then no need to check anything :)

If VO says that they are sending your petition to USCIS for further review or possible revocation, then DOS site will show as Refused and Egov. uscis site will update their site once they receive your petition as "Post Decision Activity", this process will take time.

If at the time of interview VO gives 221(g), that is also a case of refusal but once you submit the documents they will verify everything and then they will decide whether to send it to USCIS or issue visa.

so in short, if VO does not issue visa at the time of interview, DOS site will show as Refused.

To all Senior memebers and Murthy lawyers : Correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

@Kanzer

My case is being processed in Chennai consulate, so mine will not be there is USCIS status check but one thing I would like to say is.... If Consulates/DOS/USCIS applications and jobs that link these applications and staffs work properly we will not have 6 months delay, if you 6 months delay and 4 months delay even after field verification(Client and employer) I don't know where the problem would be. When people go to do verification at client place and in employer place they should be able to say it is genuine case or not, then what is happening for 4 months is unknown, so I don't want to consider this one piece of application where we see refused for most of the cases on the same day. Consulate helpdesk says it is pending.... For all of you I would say don't worry, be confident....

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

My wife applied for F2 visa and she got 221G query on 7-august-2013.

On 1st october we were asked to submit passport and we submitted it to

New Delhi consulate on 2-october-2013. 

Now on 7-october-2013 the status shows 

Your application was refused. Please see the letter or other instructions you received at the interview.  

But when I track the passport it says "Delivered to Post".

Please help if somebody had same situation earlier and still got the Visa.

Thanks

Param

Archived