H1B- Visa Officer asking for documents without issuing 221G

surajkandukuri

Hi all,

Here's my case: Received 221g Green Slip from chennai consulate on Jan 30 2012 from employer A. Waited for 5months and decided to change to a full time offer with employerB(American firm with 25 employees) . Went for H1b Stamping on new employer(Employer B) on July 6th 2012 at mumbai consulate. Project with employer B is a internal project for a Mobile BI application development.

After a Hour Long interview, Visa Officer gave me a green slip and asked me to submit documents regarding internal project(status of the project, number of people working in the project, market analysis) between 10:30 to 11:00 am at Mumbai consulate in person.

Here's the catch: She hasn't given me any case number on the Green Slip. Green Slip had my CEAC Bar Code(bar code that we receive when we book the visa slot).

I received the documents on friday and planning to visit the consulate in near time soon. Is this strange asking documents without issuing 221G(without writing case number) ???

I received the documents on friday and planning to visit the consulate in near time soon. Is this strange asking documents without issuing 221G(without writing case number) ???

What does that Green Slip says? 221g??

Sometimes 221g is issued without writing case number on that slip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived