Did not submit originals- Canadian consulate- HELP

Nishi22

I applied for Canadian visa- Detroit June 26th. I only submitted copies of I-797 and I-94, will this be a problem. If i send it now will they accept it. I have an appointment in Toronto on Aug 8th and I am on a tight schedule now. please advice me what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

I applied for Canadian visa- Detroit June 26th. I only submitted copies of I-797 and I-94, will this be a problem. If i send it now will they accept it. I have an appointment in Toronto on Aug 8th and I am on a tight schedule now. please advice me what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

No need to send originals...Well my friend...still he got a Canadian visa from Detroit. They take close to 30-35 days to process the tourist visa

Thanks in advance.

No problem. They don't need original documents, except your passport.

Thanks in advance.

Copies of I-797 and I-94 are okay. Only Passport needs to be original. Everything else can be photocopies

It was mentioned in IMM5484E check list form.

Thanks in advance.

Refer to

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Document Checklist [iMM 5484] (PDF, 27 KB)

Dont worry. I think you should be okay

Thanks in advance.

copy of I-797 is fine. what do mean by copy of I-94 you shud send the passport with your I-94 stapled.

You can try to email them with a cover letter requesting them to consider the other documents as part of your package. But there is no guarantee.

In the worst case, they will reach out to you for more docs, but as you might not meet your deadline, you can try and postpone your US embassy appt. I was in the same boat and postponed it twice.

I got my passport within 29 days. They have issued the visa until the validity of my passport (5 years). I sent notarized copies of I-797 later in a mail along with confirmation of appointment confirmation in Toronto. If you are in an urgency mention that on the letter, they do consider it to process sooner.

Archived