Who should pay H1B fees?

ask2009

I've read in this forum that it is illegal for companies to ask the H1B candidates to pay the H1B and premium processing fees. Is that true? Should the company bear the full expenses? Also, in case of any complaint against the employer or auditing, will the candidate get in trouble since he/she has paid the H1B fees?

Please reply. Thanks.

hmm do you have a valid proof that they asked you to pay your h1b fees ..

and do you have a valid proof that you paid from your pocket ..

Checks, or cash receipts...

If you hand out cash without a receipt, well... in such a case, where can I get some money from you...

Most of employers slash employee pay rate ... and use those money to pay fee ...

That is both illegal and unscrupulous -- in a word, criminal. Employers who do this types of things should be reported to the Department of Labor immediately.

It astounds me that people tolerate these business practices. No regular employee in North America would put up with them.

Further, it is these type of business practices that are contributing to the increased difficulties with H-1B visas, which may only get worse with the proposed new DoL rules regarding LCAs, and some other potential legislation. They hurt everybody.

hmm i just want to make sure how his employer asked him to pay ..

most of employers slash employee pay rate ..and use those money to pay fee ..

That would be illegal. And there would be a papertrail in this case.

That was my point. As long as there is a papertrail, it can be shown who paid for the fees.

Archived