Switch from EVC to EC before H1B Stamping

Neo-Morpheus

Hi All,

I have been going through the forums for sometime and I must thank all the responsders for there valuable inputs.

I have few questions,

VISA status : H1-B

In US : 2 years

1. I am currently working in EVC mode and want to go for stamping in Chennai,INDIA (in september ) and client doesn't provide client letter but they support for any queries etc.How risky is it ?

2. Want to know how good is it if I move to the primary vendor(EC model) and then go for stamping immediatly ,does the time-factor with the current employer matter for stamping ?

3. Want are chances for EC model (is it better than EVC model,hypothetical question)

I am just avoiding one layer before stamping,same client and same primary vendor.Only my new employer will be the primary vendor.

Plesae inform if additional details are needed.

Thanks for the help!!

Hi All,

I have been going through the forums for sometime and I must thank all the responsders for there valuable inputs.

I have few questions,

VISA status : H1-B

In US : 2 years

1. I am currently working in EVC mode and want to go for stamping in Chennai,INDIA (in september ) and client doesn't provide client letter but they support for any queries etc.How risky is it ?

2. Want to know how good is it if I move to the primary vendor(EC model) and then go for stamping immediatly ,does the time-factor with the current employer matter for stamping ?

3. Want are chances for EC model (is it better than EVC model,hypothetical question)

I am just avoiding one layer before stamping,same client and same primary vendor.Only my new employer will be the primary vendor.

Plesae inform if additional details are needed.

Thanks for the help!!

1. Client letter for consulting jobs is compulsory. If you can't get it, get an email from them stating that client cannot provide such letter. Once you got in to trouble there is no use even if your client supports or doesn't, you will be already in trouble by that time.

2.That's a little bit of relief when comes to EE relationship. Again this needs to be mentioned in the client letter.

3.EC is better than EVC. But in any case, you should have complete documents to support your case whether it's EC or EVC.

To avoid all these problems, find an full time job.

Thanks suman!!

That is what I am contemplating based on all the inputs.

1. Just wanted to know If we can attend the VISA interview immedatly after the H1B transfer,are the paystubs from the current employer mandatory?

2. Can I attend the VISA interview for H1B( this is my 1st H1B), outside my home country like mexico/canada?

a. I don't have any masters from US.

b. Previously I was on L1B Visa.

Thanks in advance!!

Archived