H1B after 1 year 3 months post 221g

tejalks

Hi Tejalks,

i was interviewed in delhi on may 26th, 2012 and till now no update on my passport. During the interview the vo said my visa was approved and wud receive it in 2-3 days, but did not hear until june mid, wen they asked me over email to submit sm doc. After tht they asked me 2-3 times, which i did. Then finally in Oct 16th i got a call frm embassy asking for sm doc to be sent by email itself, which i did immediatly and haven't heard after tht. I do not understand wats going on with my case, its been more than 5 months now.

Would u have any idea regarding this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Tailorv,

Very sorry to hear that you too were subjected to 221g. One good thing about your case is it got sent to the KCC in a very short span. Are you sure your case is with KCC i.e returned to the USCIS. Check your i 797 case status on USCIS website. Just confirm that the information you received as the email is true or not. Many a times people have been informed that the case has been sent, but the case hasnt reached the KCC. If the USCIS website shows that your case is returned on abc date, then you should atleast give 2 to 6 months for them to review the case. In the mean while keep contacting the USCIS thru ur lawyer or senator. Your lawyer / employer should get an NOIR to which they respond - so that case can be re affirmed.

There can be a possibility that your case hasnt reached USCIS, in that case ur lawyer or senator should contact the consulate, with reference of the email you received to ask the status of your case.

Hope this helps you. If you still have doubt & havent understood feel free to drop in an email on my address mentioned in the profile.

Good luck to you & hope this ordeal ends soon for you.

Hi Tailorv,

Very sorry to hear that you too were subjected to 221g. One good thing about your case is it got sent to the KCC in a very short span. Are you sure your case is with KCC i.e returned to the USCIS. Check your i 797 case status on USCIS website. Just confirm that the information you received as the email is true or not. Many a times people have been informed that the case has been sent, but the case hasnt reached the KCC. If the USCIS website shows that your case is returned on abc date, then you should atleast give 2 to 6 months for them to review the case. In the mean while keep contacting the USCIS thru ur lawyer or senator. Your lawyer / employer should get an NOIR to which they respond - so that case can be re affirmed.

There can be a possibility that your case hasnt reached USCIS, in that case ur lawyer or senator should contact the consulate, with reference of the email you received to ask the status of your case.

Hope this helps you. If you still have doubt & havent understood feel free to drop in an email on my address mentioned in the profile.

Good luck to you & hope this ordeal ends soon for you.

Its been more than 5 months but there is no update on USCIS site. Its been year now. Can myself/empoyer contact to USCIS ? Please advice me. It's loo late for me.

• 3 months later...

Hi Tejal,

I had my H1b visa interview on September 9th 2011 in Hyderabad US Consulate. At the end of the interview, I was given 221g white slip and a questionairre via email to be filled up which i did. On January 23rd 2012, received an email from US Consulate requesting my siblings information which I provided. I waited for 5 months and no response except ADMIN PROCESSING from both VFS and DOS. Meanwhile, I lost all the hopes and started looking out for jobs in India and abroad. Finally, I got a job in September 2012 in Saudi Arabia as RF Engineer and have been working with them since. Did not receive any reply from US Consulate until March 20th 2013, (after 14 months from the last email I received) to submit passport for further visa case processing. But I could not submit the passport right-away as I had to provide at-least 45 days notice period of work handover before leaving the job. With much trouble and quitting the job in Saudi Arabia, I submitted the passport on May 12th 2013. When I track the passport, it shows " Deliver to Post " and no progress on the status. I am getting fed-up now. They already ruined my career for a year. Need your advice and suggestions. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hi, 

I came to India this  year in feb and got 221g. Now the matter is with KCC and they want to do client verification. My client says they dont want to involve in govt matters and they dont give client letter either is not their policy. I am stuck here while all my stuff is there. Now I want to ask you all if you know any consultants who can do H1b transfer from India. Have tried searching online about it but no luck. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tejalks,

That was one hell of write up, Indeed it lifted my hopes, Thank you so much. 

I had my visa stamping interview on April 1st ( I got fooled I believe) and this is my second time for stamping the previous one was smooth as a sail so I was hoping history will repeat again but it didn't I received 221g letter asking for some supporting documents for the projects but I work for my company's product development and I replied back with the relevant document on April 6th. However, I got another email on Apr 8th asking for submitting the same documents and I did submit the same document as per the instructions from my attorney.

Also last month I got an email asking for submitting the document in the Dropbox location and I did submit those documents in the Dropbox location as well.  After 60 days of waiting period my employer reached out to some congressman and tried to expedite the process but nothing worked till now. 

A couple of days ago I received an email stating to collect my passport (however, I still hold my passport with me) so contacted the support team and they informed that they have some documents and instructions for the next steps. 

I went with all the hopes that they are asking me to submit my passport however my hopes all went in vain because I got another 221g case stating "Your application needs further administrative processing more making Final decision can be made"

Yesterday, I got this letter and I am back to square one. Kindly suggest if you have any inputs , suggestions and/or guidance. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Tejalks and congrats.

I need urgent advise from you today regarding my case. I am in USA and my wife and child is in India to attend marriage in family. MY VISA and I-94 were expired and hence my company filed my I-797 extension with USCIS which is APPROVED today but I-797 is not yet received as it takes around 2 weeks to come in hand. 

Now if I travel to India in this week to attend marriage (marriage is on this weekend 12/6) then we 3 (myself, wife and child) all need to go through VISA stamping in order to return to USA.

I do not want to take any risk of 221G or any delay during stamping and need to come back to USA in a month's time. Please advise if it is safe to travel for me or I should cancel my travel?

Thanks

Nitin

Thanks Tejalks and congrats.

I need urgent advise from you today regarding my case. I am in USA and my wife and child is in India to attend marriage in family. MY VISA and I-94 were expired and hence my company filed my I-797 extension with USCIS which is APPROVED today but I-797 is not yet received as it takes around 2 weeks to come in hand.

Now if I travel to India in this week to attend marriage (marriage is on this weekend 12/6) then we 3 (myself, wife and child) all need to go through VISA stamping in order to return to USA.

I do not want to take any risk of 221G or any delay during stamping and need to come back to USA in a month's time. Please advise if it is safe to travel for me or I should cancel my travel?

Thanks

Nitin

No one can predict the chances of getting a 221g. You take the risk or do not travel.

Archived