chennai : H4 221g pink slip (Admin processing)

SamH1BProblems

Littlebit background :

I got married on 25th of Aug. Bcoz of some personal reasons, I alone attended the interview.

My H1B renewal stamping : attended 2nd Sept 2010 , got 221g blue slip(marked all docs to submit)

Submitted docs : 15th Sept 2010

Requested to submit passport : on 27th Sept 2010, submitted passport on 28th Sept.

Got my passport back with H1B stamped : on 4th Oct.

My wife attended for H4 in Chennai on 7th Oct 2010, VO raised strange concerns after seeing my H1B stamping date.

"why you did not attend with your husband ?" , my wife gave some explanation, VO not even interested to listen her explanation. She was very angry and very rude to my wife.

She looked at every doc. required for H4(my paystubs, I797, marriage cert, album, my passport cpoy.etc..) Finally gave 221g pink slip(Admin processing).

On it, It was printed , In most cases may take 12 weeks... we are worried a lot, is it a rule that wife should attend along with husband ? I havn't heard this kind of concern anywhere till now. As per my openion VO was wrong, and she should not talk like that.

Later my wife filled out a questionnaire(education details, previous work experiences, parents details, husband name, US contact details). What they will verify for H4 Visa ? and How long the process may take ?

As I got my Visa stamped very recently,I guess nothing much to verify from my end. then from her end also nothing is there, she already resigned her job.

These kind of delays become common now a days, I believe VO intentionally delayed her H4 visa. As we did not attended together and my VISA also processed by her only.(based on the handwriting on 221g form , and how she looks like) , She mentioned during conversation to my wife" you know , your husband Visa process took 2 moths time"

So many wives go all alone for their H4 stamping.There is no such rule and that interviewer was a in BAD mood i think.

It happens all the while with these consulate guys.One cant help and just put up with it.

I was also given 221g blue slip on 28th sep and was asked to get all docs for my H4.It doesn't make any sense to me but we are almost done with collecting docs.Yet to submit the same.

Its a wait and watch game.

Gud luck

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My wife went for her H4 interview on Dec 20th and they barely asked her for any documents. They asked which company I worked for and then where our wedding took place and when. They also told her that she was qualified for a H4 visa and was asked to go to the next counter. At the other counter, the passport was retained but she was given a pink slip (221g - Pending administrative processing).

I've checked the status online and it says that it's still "Pending Process". She has a common Muslim last name. My H1B expires in Oct 2011 (my sixth year) and will be processing my renewal sometime soon after I get back.

Any one else in the same boat? Or have previously gone through this to let us know how the Chennai consulate typically takes to complete the "admin processing" when they do not require any additional documents??

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your wife getting the h4 visa.

How did you know it was employer validation?

Did somebody from USCIS contact your Company HR or somethin...

Even in my case...

When the VO told me to go to the other counter after mentioning 221g with no documents needed (I am working fulltime and been in the US for the last ten years first on F1 and then on H1), the only question asked by the Indian lady at the counter was the contact person at my company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Congrats on your wife getting the h4 visa.

How did you know it was employer validation?

Did somebody from USCIS contact your Company HR or somethin...

Even in my case...

When the VO told me to go to the other counter after mentioning 221g with no documents needed (I am working fulltime and been in the US for the last ten years first on F1 and then on H1), the only question asked by the Indian lady at the counter was the contact person at my company.

kimmigration

what happened to your case ? when did u get ur passport back ? I am in the same boat as yours and got 221G pink slip on 21st Nov in new delhi. they took my passport and no docs asked - i ve previous B1/B2, F1, L1B, H1B on my passport and been in US for 7 yrs.

• 3 years later...

Hello All,

H1b Visited Chennai 9th December 2014,

221g Pink Slip,

My client received a verification  and replied the same on December 22nd 2014,

My Case id status changed 2nd Jan 2015 but status is still Admin process

I'm not sure what what still there are checking, the status is still same.

Thanks

Hello All,

H1b Visited Chennai 9th December 2014,

221g Pink Slip,

My client received a verification  and replied the same on December 22nd 2014,

My Case id status changed 2nd Jan 2015 but status is still Admin process

I'm not sure what what still there are checking, the status is still same.

Thanks

You need to wait. Since they have contacted client you might not have to wait that long.

Archived