visa rejected (B1-B2) twice to give USMLE step 2 CS exam..

Dr.P

hi friends..

I had my visa interview this Thursday at Mumbai consulate. my visa was rejected at the same consulate in april.

facts: both time, i applied for visa to get CS+ single+ sister is in USA doing masters in computer science+never traveled out of india. i dont do a job, but i asked a known doctor to give me documents stating that i m doing a job in h

is hospital.

experience: both times, duration was only 2-3 mins. first time VO asked me 4 questions only, and second time, only 3 questions. i was nervous and anxious during both interviews.

Result: "unfortunately, you do not 'QUALIFY' to get a US visa.."

Now, what do i have to do? what options do i have?

what 'significant changes' i need to make in my profile to get a visa next time? when should i apply next time??

• 2 months later...

wow... sorry to hear that. Can you state what questions did he ask you?

My guess here is that since you have a sister in the US, they suspect that you will not return. That is the reason your visa might have been rejected.

Can you please tell me if you applied specifically for B1 or B2?

My guess is that you can't apply for a visa in the same category if your visa has been rejected twice in a period of 1 year. So, you might have to wait until this calendar year completes. But don't take my word for it. Talk to more people and browse through some websites and do your own research.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi friends..

I had my visa interview this Thursday at Mumbai consulate. my visa was rejected at the same consulate in april.

facts: both time, i applied for visa to get CS+ single+ sister is in USA doing masters in computer science+never traveled out of india. i dont do a job, but i asked a known doctor to give me documents stating that i m doing a job in h

is hospital.

experience: both times, duration was only 2-3 mins. first time VO asked me 4 questions only, and second time, only 3 questions. i was nervous and anxious during both interviews.

Result: "unfortunately, you do not 'QUALIFY' to get a US visa.."

Now, what do i have to do? what options do i have?

what 'significant changes' i need to make in my profile to get a visa next time? when should i apply next time??

Why do you think you shouldnt be banned?

Archived