Monthly Salary in DS-160

kumar523

Hello Everyone,

I have recently booked the visa appointment at Vancouver. But now I realised that I made a mistake in DS160 after having an appointment booked.

For the monthly salary column in DS-160 I've mentioned my annual salary.

Also the annual salary as per the LCA, employment letter and my pay stubs is actually more than what I've mentioned in DS-160.

I don't know why I've mentioned like that while fillling my DS160.

Questions:

1) Can I change the figures in the monthly salary column of DS-160 now.

2) If I cannot how can I convince the VO?

Thankyou All,

Kumar

I am in the same boat and I have made a typo in the form.Thing is once you have taken the appointment you can update DS160. if you want to change DS160 you need to create a new one , cancel the appointment and get a new appointment using the new DS160 barcode.

someone on forum suggested to take teh complete DS160 filled form printout and tell the VO about this mistake.

You should be fine. Unless VO has any reason to believethat you are being underpaid inspite of paystub. Be honest and explain it was a mistake. I am not sure if you correct the field on DS-160 now unless consulate wants you do that. If your case is straightforward chances are that you will not be asked to explain.

Unless the DS160 form is submitted you can change it. Otherwise you have to fill new DS160 again and append that to your Visa.

I also have the same doubt of difference in the salaries as per LCA and pay stubs. When I asked my employer he told having more is not an Issue. But I doubt it

Archived