L1b Visa rejected on May 2011, need help

mjvishy

hi,

my L1b visa is rejected by chennai consulate in May 2011. The reason they gave is "my application is not clearly approvable and I should apply in a different category".

My question is :

1. why my appication cannot be proceeded with L1b category, i am wroking for this company past 9 yrs ? what could be the reason why not L1-Blanket

2. can i re-apply in L1- Blanket as same as they rejected, this year in July 2012.

3. If not L1-Blanket, can I file in L1b - Individual ?

4. what is the difference between l1-blanket and L1B - individual

5. what is the difference between L1B , L1 INDIVIDUAL AND H1B

Advanced thanks for your reply .

thansk

vishy.

1. To get L1b approved one has to have specialized knowledge. This knowledge is related to company's proprietary tools, products,methodologies etc. For eg:- If your company has some sort of product in the market whose knowledge is limited only to employees then L1b can be approved. If you are working on simply technologies like Java, SAP,Oracle then L1b is not for you. In this case you should go for H1B

2. You can apply L1-B again but if you dont have specialized knowledge as explained above it would be rejected again.

3. L1A-Individual is mostly for managers. If you are in a managerial role and bunch of guys report to you and you would be playing manager role in USA then you can go with L1A

4. Dont think there is L1B-Individual. We have L1A(Individual) and L1-B. You can get more details on USCIS site or wikipedia

5. L1B-Specialized knowledge, L1-A Managers, H1B-Doing high skilled work like software development using software technologies.

Hope this will help.

Without seeing the L1B denial letter, I surmise the consulate denied the Blanket petition for lack of specialized knowledge. If this is so, it may be possible to still obtain an L1B approval through a USCIS Service Center by filing an individual L1B petition. Generally, USCIS officers at a Service Center have more training in what qualifies as “specialized knowledge.” The L1B category is for interoffice transferees with specialized knowledge, while an H1B petition is for professionals to perform in a specialty occupation. If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Nonimmigrant Visa Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Dear Attorney,

Many thanks for your reply, wonderful job.

Answering your query : The visa officer told me I dont have skills which can be processed in L1b Blanket petition. Thats all.

So for filing 'individual L1B petition' dont I need to have "specialized knowledge" in my field ?, i.e. should I need any properity skills and knowlege on my company tools or client tools where none other person has the same skills as I do ?.

My doubt is, what if USCIS officers reject my application that i dont have specialized knowledge which is the case in my previous rejection.

Or do you mean to say that L1B - Individual is totally different than L1 Blanket ?

I once again thank for your response, have a wonderful day.

thanks

vishy.

hi,

my L1b visa is rejected by chennai consulate in May 2011. The reason they gave is "my application is not clearly approvable and I should apply in a different category".

My question is :

1. why my appication cannot be proceeded with L1b category, i am wroking for this company past 9 yrs ? what could be the reason why not L1-Blanket

2. can i re-apply in L1- Blanket as same as they rejected, this year in July 2012.

3. If not L1-Blanket, can I file in L1b - Individual ?

4. what is the difference between l1-blanket and L1B - individual

5. what is the difference between L1B , L1 INDIVIDUAL AND H1B

Advanced thanks for your reply .

thansk

vishy.

1. To get L1b approved one has to have specialized knowledge. This knowledge is related to company's proprietary tools, products,methodologies etc. For eg:- If your company has some sort of product in the market whose knowledge is limited only to employees then L1b can be approved. If you are working on simply technologies like Java, SAP,Oracle then L1b is not for you. In this case you should go for H1B

2. You can apply L1-B again but if you dont have specialized knowledge as explained above it would be rejected again.

3. L1A-Individual is mostly for managers. If you are in a managerial role and bunch of guys report to you and you would be playing manager role in USA then you can go with L1A

4. Dont think there is L1B-Individual. We have L1A(Individual) and L1-B. You can get more details on USCIS site or wikipedia

5. L1B-Specialized knowledge, L1-A Managers, H1B-Doing high skilled work like software development using software technologies.

Hope this will help.

Thanks cooltoo8190, that is a wonderful details

Archived