All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
aturianilk

H1 B extension approval

My H1 B extension petition will be files mid of next week. And it will be processed in premium mode.

I am planning to visit India July end. How long it may take to receive the approval doc if it gets approved?

In PP, you should get some result (RFE/ approval) in 15 calendar days from USCIS date of receipt date. These days (due to heavy load) USCIS is issuing receipt date after 2-3 weeks of actual receiving. Calculate yourself.

For me, premium proceessing in 2011 took 8 days. However, if the company needs to do a prevaling wage from the Department of Labor for your position that can take from anywhere between 1 to 6 weeks.

"For me, premium proceessing in 2011 took 8 days."

=> USCIS is posted on their site that in any case they are taking 2-4 weeks to issue the receipt date (due to heavy load of petitions). PP clock starts from the date of receipt given by USCIS. Here, USCIS plays the trick to get some more days by delaying receipt date. They know that if they fail to provide any result in 15 days, they have to return the PP fees and still have to resolve the case in PP.