Will My new H1 be cap exempt

manojjayam

Hello Gurus,

I have a question which has been picking troubling me from the last couple of days and would request some help in this regard.

My case :

I have an MS degree from an US university worked there on OPT and then CPT, Had H1 approved but had to come back to India and started working here, A Company is US later approached me and process me new H1 in 2010 which ended up in 221(g) yellow bin and was later sent back to USCIS. The Employer did not pursue it any further, Meanwhile the company that I work for in India process my L1 B in 2011 which was again rejected. this is year my company wants to process my H1 but since this years quota has expired they are differing that to next year.

One of my friends mentioned that since my H1 was already processed and since I never used my six years for H1 I am cap exempt for the next years and that I can file my H1 anytime even though my H1 was rejected earlier, is this true?

Thanks All

One of my friends mentioned that since my H1 was already processed and since I never used my six years for H1 I am cap exempt for the next years and that I can file my H1 anytime even though my H1 was rejected earlier, is this true?

Yes if the facts are correct. Maybe have the firm of Murthy go through your specifics? Unfortunately you cannot file a H1 petition. The company needs to do so.

Archived