All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orangeworks

OPT Expiring in MARCH 2013 - Can I apply for h1 next year in APRIL

Hello,

Please help me . My OPT is expiring on March 4th 2013 . Can u help me finding some ways to be in status for one month so that I can apply for H1 b in April 2013 .

Thanks

Hi

I Hope By Default After Your OPT you have 60 - 90 Days of Grace Period in order to apply for H1 B. During this time you can also work.

However, let us confirm from other sources too.

Thank u.

What is the procedure to apply for Cap gap ? After applying for cap gap can we work during March - OCT ?

yes you can .. but you may not eligible to work till oct1 ..

to stay legal you need to apply for cap gap ..

yes you can .. but you may not eligible to work till oct1 ..

to stay legal you need to apply for cap gap ..

So can I work during that period . Coz once opt expires you are not supposed to work even for a month I guess.

You should really be aware that you have a grace period of 2 months from March 4th during which an employer could file a H1.

In your case you can stay but not work if a sponsor files a H1 petition for you with COS from F1 during the grace period. You can of course leave before the grace period and come back with the H1 visa at the right time if the petition is approved.

How fair is it to join another good school for MBA which I wanted to do since long . I will join this fall and would apply for CPT in march and be on it and work then . Will companies accept something like that ?

How fair is it to join another good school for MBA which I wanted to do since long . I will join this fall and would apply for CPT in march and be on it and work then . Will companies accept something like that ?

good schools might not give you cpt from first semester .. and you loose u r opt if you join a school before it expires