Canada Visiting visa in NY

TigerBengali

I went to the Canadian Embassy in Washington. They were accepting applications from 9 AM - 12 PM as mentioned on their website. I would follow what it says on the website than trusting what others say. They asked me to pick the passport up on the next day at 3 PM. I am sure NY follows a similar process.

8 - 10:30 AM is NY consulate timing.

also keep in mind NYC traffic , i was late first time because of the traffic and cant find parking place .

try to be as early as possible incase you need to take copy of document.

they asked me i-20 copies which i did not have with me at that time and have to search for Kinkos.

Dude , recently i went to Canada Embassy in ny office. And it opens from 8 am to 10:30 am. Passport pick up will not be on the same day. Again you have to go for next day for pick up 1:00 pm --------3:30 pm.

No need to carry originals. Just Xerox copies fine.

Fees should be taken as Money Order.

please let me know if you need more help....

Its from 8am to 10.30 am. My suggestion is not to rely on other sites and follow the official site.

Please follow this link as mentioned in it -http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

And most probably you will not get your passport on the same day. But I am not sure about this. When I have applied in Feb'12 - My submission was completed around 9.30 am, and i went on another day to get my passport. All the Best to you.

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your replies. But @cnu.yadav7 says you can pick up the passport on the same day. How far that is true? I am actual planning to wrap up the things in one day because of my project pressure. If no way i can collect it on same day i have to take two days off from work.

Thanks

I am really sorry.. i was confused with email.. she said following afternoon.. I later realized it means next day... sorry for confusion.

But I checked the website it says "no more temporary visas in new york". I am really confused now ehere to go for visa.. My visa appointment is on July 3rd. Please someone help me... Can i go to New york and check out what happens??

I am really sorry.. i was confused with email.. she said following afternoon.. I later realized it means next day... sorry for confusion.

But I checked the website it says "no more temporary visas in new york". I am really confused now ehere to go for visa.. My visa appointment is on July 3rd. Please someone help me... Can i go to New york and check out what happens??

I called consulate and they said we can apply for visiting visa. That notice is for different category. So don't worry, I am going tomorrow(Thursday) to apply.

Thanks

Hi TigerBengali,

I am planning on flying to New York from Detroit to get a Canadian TRV. I was wondering if there is a region requirement at the Canadian consulate? (i.e. residents of certain areas are constrained to apply to a corresponding consulate?).

It seems like they are quick with the Visa, which is good news. :)

Hi TigerBengali,

I am planning on flying to New York from Detroit to get a Canadian TRV. I was wondering if there is a region requirement at the Canadian consulate? (i.e. residents of certain areas are constrained to apply to a corresponding consulate?).

It seems like they are quick with the Visa, which is good news. :)

I don't think there is a region requirement. Any body can apply anywhere.But please contact the consulate directly, if you have any questions, they are really nice to answer your questions.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello Sir

I am planning to visit Canada and the sole purpose to visit Canada is to get my H1B stamped. My thought process is first I get Canadian Visitor Visa , then book an available date for H1 B stamping in Canada.

• Is that a good option? Or should I go the reverse way, first book an available date for H1 B stamping in Canada and then try get the visitor visa?How long is the Visitor Visa issued for?There is a reason why these questions occurred to me. One of the supporting documents to get a visitor visa is a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. I will not have the first two. I can get the last one . Therefore for that I need to book a date for H1b stamping, flight tickets, hotel itinerary etc.On the website of Canadian Consulate General in New York City, it is stated that :

" As of June 18, 2012, the visa office in New York will no longer accept Temporary Resident Permit, Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada applications submitted in person; the application will be returned to the applicant. Applications sent by mail, postmarked after June 18, 2012, and received at the visa office in New York will be returned to the applicant."

• Does this above information restrict us from visiting Canadian Consulate General in New York City to submit documents for Canada Visitor Visa in person?
  • Is there a difference between Temporary Visitor Visa and Temporary Resident Permit?
  • I need to plan the distance from hotel, how to go, what are the timings, and can I go on Wednesday?
  • My current H1b extension is valid till September 2014 . My previous stamping expired on 25th September,2011. Is it possible to request for a Canada Visitor Visa ? Any chances of rejection?
  • Incase my visitor visa is rejected because of the above reason ( expired stamping), will there be any proof on my passport that Canadian Consulate rejected my visitor visa?

My apologies for asking too many questions. However, please help me with the answers.

Regards

CandaVisa

• 1 year later...

I went to Canada consulate in new york which is managed by CSC. The new office address is 290 Madison Ave,2nd floor(41st street & 40th stret), New York. I arrived at 9.38 at office there were less people, they asked me to show all the documents, after reviewing they found some mistakes...and asked to fill and print the application again. You can use CSC computer and printer at office, they charge $7.50 for each application when you use their printer. There is one lady ask for service charge $43, it is required only when you have biometric test else not required, still there is lady is cheat taking eventhough there was no biometric test. We need to aware on this and donot pay. Once your all documents reviewed...there is another person will review the documents again and enter our information in the system for visa process. Once it is complete we will get tracking number to track online. 

https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice

Initially I thought next day we can collect the passport, but it was not the case, they said it takes around 20 days. We need to provide either usps/ups/fedex prepaid envolop to send the passport to our address. The office is open from 9AM to 5PM every day.

I went to Canada consulate in new york which is managed by CSC. The new office address is 290 Madison Ave,2nd floor(41st street & 40th stret), New York. I arrived at 9.38 at office there were less people, they asked me to show all the documents, after reviewing they found some mistakes...and asked to fill and print the application again. You can use CSC computer and printer at office, they charge $7.50 for each application when you use their printer. There is one lady ask for service charge $43, it is required only when you have biometric test else not required, still there is lady is cheat taking eventhough there was no biometric test. We need to aware on this and donot pay. Once your all documents reviewed...there is another person will review the documents again and enter our information in the system for visa process. Once it is complete we will get tracking number to track online. 

https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice

Initially I thought next day we can collect the passport, but it was not the case, they said it takes around 20 days. We need to provide either usps/ups/fedex prepaid envolop to send the passport to our address. The office is open from 9AM to 5PM every day.

@Reddy_sr

I'm planning to go for stamping in August or September but not sure when I'm going to travel to Canada.  Do I need to provide them with the itinerary or visa appointment? One more thing, Is it possible for you to share your required documents checklist that you have submitted for Canada Visitor visa?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived