Re-interview after reaffirmation.....Which documents should I carry in addition?

h1stuck

Hi,

My petition was reaffirmed last month and now I got an e-mail for re-interview.

Below is what that e-mail says.

"You DO NOT require scheduling another appointment. Please visit the Consulate General any business day at 10.30 am with your pending letter, passport, courier envelope and other documents pertaining to your visa application. "

I understand when they say 'other documents pertaining to visa application' which includes the latest client letter.

Can anyone please help me to understand if what means 'your pending letter' ?

Is it 221(G) or the letter mentioning my 'case returned to USCIS for review' ?

Also, do I need to all those documents which i had already submitted for 221(G) ?

why don't your reply to their email and ask them or call VFS up? By the way, did you contact them first or they contacted you directly after reaffirmation.

I would say carry whatever you can. you never know these people!

If possible, please share your contact info. I'm in a similar situation.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I apologize for the late reply.

I received an e-mail from Mumbai consulate for re-interview and i attended my visa interview in the 2nd week of July. I was not asked much questions. VO asked me very basic questions.....nothing related to my work, my project or my employer. then i was granted my visa. but it took about 15 days for me to receive my passport stamped. I just returned to US.

Hi All,

I apologize for the late reply.

I received an e-mail from Mumbai consulate for re-interview and i attended my visa interview in the 2nd week of July. I was not asked much questions. VO asked me very basic questions.....nothing related to my work, my project or my employer. then i was granted my visa. but it took about 15 days for me to receive my passport stamped. I just returned to US.

Congratulations h1stuck. Good news for lot of us. Thanks for the update.

• 4 months later...

I am in a EVC model , In March 30th 2012 I atteneded the interview for my h1 stamping , I received a 221g and my case was sent back to USCIS , I recived a call this week from the state embassy stating that my case has been reaffirmed and they want me to attend the interview again .It took 10 months to get reaffirmation on my case . while this happened, I joined the Vendor company in India to support the same client on the same project (my petitioner not involved ).

I know that I would be asked about the current dated client letter when I attend the interview again for my reaffirmed case and I am planning to carry one. My questions is

Q) Can I disclose to the Visa officer that I am currently supporting the same client from India in US hours and they would want me to come to USA and support from their ? Will this help or make things worse .

The reason I want to disclose this is because , If the VO validates with my client about my employment . My client might say , I am currently working with them and they need my services at onsite location.To be on the safer side I want to disclose this .

Q) Also , In case if I don’t get the client letter , will an email from the client or the vendor with their phone numbers indicating that they still have an opening for me in their project , will do ?

Please let me know , I have an interview next week . Your quick response greatly appreciated .

Archived