DS160 Questions - Need Help

dncutiepie

Hi Folks,

I have Indian Passport, got renewed in 2011 and got new passport from Houston, USA.

-What is a Passport Book Number?

-Country/authority that Issued Passport: INDIA. --> AM I RIGHT?

-Where was the Passport Issued State: HOUSTON. --> AM I RIGHT?

-Where was the Passport Issued Country: USA. --> AM I RIGHT?

Please help.

Thanks.

=> Opt 'does not apply'. Search for the sample 'filled DS 160 form' on the site where you got DS160 (travel.state.gov). There is a sample DS 160 for Indian citizen. Indian passports have no 'Passport Book Number'.

=> Right

=> I would say India where it was (originally) issued. If your both passports' numbers are same (it should be), you should write India (city name). In the case of Passport when it says issued its taken as 'originally issued' and all reissued, or renewals are nullified. It's my perception, better to call to VFS to make it sure.

=> Again, it should be India.

=> Opt 'does not apply'. Search for the sample 'filled DS 160 form' on the site where you got DS160 (travel.state.gov). There is a sample DS 160 for Indian citizen. Indian passports have no 'Passport Book Number'.

=> Right

=> I would say India where it was (originally) issued. If your both passports' numbers are same (it should be), you should write India (city name). In the case of Passport when it says issued its taken as 'originally issued' and all reissued, or renewals are nullified. It's my perception, better to call to VFS to make it sure.

=> Again, it should be India.

Passport numbers can not be same in any case. So, Houston, USA is fine.

I believe country of issue should be India. Also, all the details should be as per the new passport like passport number, expiration, place of issue etc.

I recently got my new passport and I provided all the details from my new passport and it worked. I don't think that anything should be used from the old passport.

Also, I provided the passport book number as the file number given on the passport and it worked. Best of luck.

Archived