Got a full time job not applied for H1

rajuvist

Here is my sad storey .

I completed my MBA from top college Aug 2011 , so now I'm on job hunting on OPT , last month i got a full time job in top fortune company , they are in the process of applying my H1B they just filed LCA last week it approved on June 11th , now today i got a news H1 quota is completed , my opt is expiring on sept1st 2011 , really i don't know what i have do now I'm clueless ;-( , Any one pls guide me what are the possibilities to continue my job , i can go back to india and start a job but i have huge loan to pay , so no idea :-( ;-(

Unfortunately, there are no (wise, special, or other) options or advise beyond those you already know. You will have to make whatever financial and other arrangements are necessary and leave the U.S. when your OPT expires. With sufficient and proper planning you can come back to the U.S. in October 2013 under next year's H-1B quota (with a full time job for which you have the necessary qualifications).

You have to stop working when your OPT expires.

You can of course apply at a university if you want to continue studying.

But if you have financial hardship, you won't be able to get an I-20. One of the requirements is that you have enough money for college.

You already have an H1b, why do you want another one?

You post in another thread:

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/31549-advicehelp-on-marriage-certificate/page__fromsearch__1

Here is my problem , my date is going to be current in next few months . So ,i dont have marriage Certificate from inida for i -485 filing .

Before our marriage we both are In US and we went to india, got married and back to us ( she is On F1 and I'm on H1)

Hi raju,

You and I are sailing in a same boat. Even I graduated from MBA prog last year and recently got a FT job and by the time the LCA was approved, cap got exhausted. Even I am looking for alternatives. This is my contact e-mail: jsreeharsha@gmail.com. Regards Harsha. Pls contact me so that we can decide what can be done.

I know our situation is so unfortunate..but I dont know why it happend.

Thanks

Harsha

Hi raju,

You and I are sailing in a same boat. Even I graduated from MBA prog last year and recently got a FT job and by the time the LCA was approved, cap got exhausted. Even I am looking for alternatives. This is my contact e-mail: jsreeharsha@gmail.com. Regards Harsha. Pls contact me so that we can decide what can be done.

I know our situation is so unfortunate..but I dont know why it happend.

Thanks

Harsha

You are still eligible to apply for jobs that can file cap exempt H1B petition for you.

Typically Non Profit institutions and University jobs fall under this category, and your employer can file for H1B in these positions year round as they are cap exempt.

non profit institutions relation with education institutes

Archived