Birth Certificate for applying for Green card

Hi

My employer is ready to sponsor my green card. I am having an issue with the birth certificate. I was born on 14 july 1982, In my school certificate and passport , the date of birth is 14-May-1982(School cut off month was June, so to save a year, it was entered 2 months earlier), and it looks like the Municipality Office has the record of my birth with actual birth date(14-July-1982). Hence they cannot provide a birth certificate as per the passport. I beleive this would be a problem in GC process. Can someone advise me how can I proceed with GC process?

Lies always come back to adversely affect you. The fact you could get a passport without providing an authentic birth certificate certainly make the passports from your country of birth to be worth of rigorous examination.

You need an attorney as frauduant documents are a serious problem. You knowingly submitted false documents in order to obtain an H-1B visa and enter the US.

Hi

I knowing didn't do anything.Still I don't have a birth certificate and when my first school admission was made, my guardians have given my birth date 2 months earlier than my actual and it have been following since then.So all my certificates have been in that date.I didn't think this will make things worse when I submitted my passport application. Now I don't have any proof of my actual birth certificate other than the authority says "no record is available for teh date in passport"

Lies always come back to adversely affect you. The fact you could get a passport without providing an authentic birth certificate certainly make the passports from your country of birth to be worth of rigorous examination.

You need an attorney as frauduant documents are a serious problem. You knowingly submitted false documents in order to obtain an H-1B visa and enter the US.

That fact that a mistake happened does not necessarily mean OP should be punished. This is a common issue in the PAST due to lack of awareness in India.

Deepaunni,

First option you have is to correct the passport with evidence at Indian embassy closest to your location.

Second option: 1. Request for BC in India with your current passport as evidence and they will say they don't have you in the system.

2. Get a letter of "non-availability of BC" from concerned authorities.

3. Get an affidavit from your parents attesting that you are their child. Templates can be fould .. just google.

4. Submit the letter and affidavit along with your 485/AOS application. You just started GC process. So you will have time to get this done.

No matter the reason, you now have a problem requiring the assistance of an attorney. Parents (in this case guardians) unnecessarily complicated US immigration processing. WHile you did not initially case the problem, you must deal with the consequences. In many countries your false date of birth on formal documents would be less of a problem.. Your best option is discuss the entire situation with an experienced Ii.e. expensive) attorney.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.Last month itself, I did apply for BC for teh birth date in passport and they sent a letter back tio my parents saying that there is no record of my birth for that date. But this letter is in my local language. I am not sure whether they can provide a non availability certificate in english or not as they might be having my original birth record .So in this case what can I do? I can obtain an affidavit from my parents which is not a problem.I am only concerned of the non availability certificate. Also at what stage of GC process i am required to submit my BC?

That fact that a mistake happened does not necessarily mean OP should be punished. This is a common issue in the PAST due to lack of awareness in India.

Deepaunni,

First option you have is to correct the passport with evidence at Indian embassy closest to your location.

Second option: 1. Request for BC in India with your current passport as evidence and they will say they don't have you in the system.

2. Get a letter of "non-availability of BC" from concerned authorities.

3. Get an affidavit from your parents attesting that you are their child. Templates can be fould .. just google.

4. Submit the letter and affidavit along with your 485/AOS application. You just started GC process. So you will have time to get this done.

There is no set format. As long as the letter that you already have does not imply that your current date of birth (as in PP) is wrong, you can use it. You can get it translated and notarize it.

BC would be required at I485 filing stage. For your priority date to become current, you have more than a year (eb2).

Another option is try and register it now.... considered late registration.

Hi

If I consider the option to rregister now, will that be an easy process as my birth date was 30 years back? Do I need to go there personally and apply? I heard there will be lots of legal procedure for that.Please advise.

There is no set format. As long as the letter that you already have does not imply that your current date of birth (as in PP) is wrong, you can use it. You can get it translated and notarize it.

BC would be required at I485 filing stage. For your priority date to become current, you have more than a year (eb2).

Another option is try and register it now.... considered late registration.

Hi

I tried to apply for non availability birth certificate with the letter they sent to me saying there is no record for the date mentioned. They refused to provide me the non availability certificate saying that if they search 2-4 months before and after this date, there will be my record definitely.So they cannot give me a statement that it is not available. In this situation, I am ceratain that I cannot expect any positiv thing from the authority.So what are the options I have now? I don't think it will be easy to change my passport and school certificate to reflect my original birh date.Please let me know what I can do

• 1 year later...

Hi

I tried to apply for non availability birth certificate with the letter they sent to me saying there is no record for the date mentioned. They refused to provide me the non availability certificate saying that if they search 2-4 months before and after this date, there will be my record definitely.So they cannot give me a statement that it is not available. In this situation, I am ceratain that I cannot expect any positiv thing from the authority.So what are the options I have now? I don't think it will be easy to change my passport and school certificate to reflect my original birh date.Please let me know what I can do

Can you let me know if you got the NABC finally? Did you proceed with processing and is it through now?

• 1 year later...

Archived