221G Blue Ottawa May 2012

india1

Hi,

I appeared for H1B Visa Stamping interview in Ottawa in 2nd week of May. Was handed over the 221G Blue after two questions. Simple question and smiling expression from VO. He was typing/chatting on his computer may be with some other person.

He said here is 221G form and its processing is not done here. We will communicate you through email. Not sure what happened that he gave me 221G Blue. I am FTE with one of fortune 20 employers of US. No email communication yet.

It has been more than 3 weeks, I haven't heard back from them. Going by the forums, it appears average processing time for such cases is around 4 weeks. Any body who has got 221G Blue in May 2012, Has got the approval OR is stuck, Please share your thoughts.

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I got the approval some time back. This was first time that I was given 221G Blue. My earlier stamping were smooth. There is no specific time line for 221G Blue as that is for background check. Each case is different. There was follow up by company's attorney, After which they reviewed and then I got the approval email from embassy. Waiting in foreign country is definitely a pain.

I would strongly suggest that one should go to Home Country preferably same consulate where your visa is approved earlier. I guess that embassy have all the information about you and they have approved your visa earlier, So that might help. This is my personal view...

Best of luck for your stamping.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

@ Firthous, actually I asked about how often do you email b/c I start thinking that those emails might be the cause of delays.

But let see, lets hope for the best as you said.

@ Dude9112, I have emailed you and I am waiting for your reply and good luck hope things will work out for you this week!

• 2 weeks later...

@ Firthous, actually I asked about how often do you email b/c I start thinking that those emails might be the cause of delays.

@ Dude9112, I have emailed you and I am waiting for your reply and good luck hope things will work out for you this week!

any update guys???????????????? making me crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

any update guys?????????????????.
  • 2 months later...

hey guys can any one tell what does this statement mean?????????????????????

In connection with your application for a U.S. Visa we need you to supply us with a copy of the bio page of your passport.

You can scan the page and send it to this email address.

Once we receive this information, we will continue with the administrative processing which is necessary for your case.

hey guys can any one tell what does this statement mean?????????????????????

In connection with your application for a U.S. Visa we need you to supply us with a copy of the bio page of your passport.

You can scan the page and send it to this email address.

Once we receive this information, we will continue with the administrative processing which is necessary for your case.

I believe thats the first page with photo, name, date of birth etc.

Archived