Will i be eligible go for H1B Visa stamping in Canada?

sonusweety

Hi There, I have entered USA in Aug 2007. I have lost all my documents including my passport. I have filled a police complaint and then applied for passport in SFO, CA. I have got my passport but it does not have Visa stamped in it. I have applied for all my other documents in india, and have all of them now. I have completed my MS and worked on OPT for 2 years, have not been to india, in a fear if i do not get my visa i need to stay back. I have applied for and have recieved my H1B from November 2011, currently am working on my H1B, still i do not have visa in my passport. I am worried to go India and attened visa. I wanted to go to Canda and get my H1B visa stamped. But am worried if US Consulate in Canada might ask for my Old passport with Visa, i just have photocopies and a police compliant. Is it really risky to go canda to apply for H1B visa in my case..? Please help me with your valuable suggestion.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Your case sounds unique to me. If I were you, I would go to India for H1 stamping. It sounds like a pretty good case for an RFE in any other country (Canada or Mexico). If the client is supportive, I don't see why you would not go to India for stamping and hope your visa is approved right away. Talk to your attorney but wish you well!

Archived