Urgent help needed for question reg payment

bharath10

HI,

I have my interview schduled on Jun 4th but i have confusion reg the question reg my pay.

My LCA says xxK as my pay and i mentioned the same thing in DS-160 also.but in reality my paystubs have far more than xxK.so if VO asks me what is your pay what do i need to answer..my LCA or DS-160 pay or my original pay which is more than that of LCA number.

If i say original number it conflicts with DS-160 information i am afraid that if it leads to further questions..and if i say DS-160 number and if VO sees my orinal number which also conflicts..

Please suggest me what is the safest answer for this...original number or DS-160(LCA) number

Your suggestion is very valueble...i am in deep confusion..

Thanks

I believe, you would need to mention the Base Pay to the visa officer. The base pay is the amount specified in the LCA. If they ask you about the extra payments, you can mention that, they are bonuses and incentives that your company pays on a periodic basis. The extra payments should not be an issue as everyone working on a hourly basis will have fluctuations in pay at some point or the other. I don't see that being a problem but you could also confirm the same with your attorney.

It should be exactly as it appears on the LCA. Additional amount on your paycheck can be considered as per diem or other expenses.

Getting part of the salary as per diem would be a bad thing. Only shady consultants do that, trying to save on taxes (which doesn't work.)

The salary can of course be more than what is listed on the LCA. In almost all cases, it indeed will be more, since people get regular pay raises.

Getting part of the salary as per diem would be a bad thing. Only shady consultants do that, trying to save on taxes (which doesn't work.)

The salary can of course be more than what is listed on the LCA. In almost all cases, it indeed will be more, since people get regular pay raises.

I mean apart from the basic pay, which is your salary (as per LCA), whatever you get, can be a part of per diem or other incentives. Like in my case I get XX K as my salary, which is on LCA (and also in my contract), and I also get YY amount as per diem and other expenses. Whats wrong with that?

Archived