L1 Extension Denied : Desperate situation.. Please help

EOE

Hi, I just heard that my L1B extension has got denied. My company has not received the reason for denial from USCIS as yet. I am really shocked at the moment and I don't know what to do now. My company has asked me to wait until they receive the reason for denial.

Please clarify ..

1. Can my company appeal or apply for an MTR?

2. Is there any other way my company can apply for a re-consideration?

3. Can my company apply for a H1B Visa?

4. Should I have to leave the country irrespective of whether my company applies for an MTR or not?

5. How long can I stay in the country after the denial?

6. How long can I stay in the country if my company applies for an MTR?

7. I there a way where I stay in the country and not work but wait until my H1B gets approved to resume work?

8. Will this L1 extension denial cause an issue if I reapply for a L1 or H1 visa in future?

Please respond to any / all of the questions that you may the answer to. Anything and everything will help me at this desperate situation.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Some more details on my case :

I-94 got expired on Nov 2011.

L1 extension was applied before Nov 2011.

RFE was received at the end of Mar 2012.

RFE was responded at the beginning of Apr 2012.

Got to know that L1 was denied at the end of May 2012.

If your I-94 has also expired then you need to leave country asap. The date your status changed Denied, you are out of status from same date. There is no grace period and need to leave asap.

Your Company can apply for MTR or appeal but doesn't mean you can stay in the country. Appeal/MTR will take 6+ months min. for a response.

Company can file H1B with COS if I-94 is valid and without COS if your I-94 has expired. You need to get stamping and return.

L1B extension wont impact H1B. All the best

Archived