H1B experience letter from previous Employer for Filing Labour

srikan

My attorney is requesting a exp letter from my previous employer saying that she wouldn't file for labour without that.

I have asked for any other alternatives, she said there is no other alternative for this issue.

The issue is that i didnot part on good terms with my previous employer and he is not responding to my request.

Can any one let me what options do i have?

Generally, when an experience letter is not available USCIS will accept secondary evidence. This secondary evidence should include at least two colleague affidavits, a self-affidavit which includes an explanation that a letter from the previous employer is not availably and why, and any other evidence documenting your time with that employer such as W2s and offer letters. If you have additional questions it is advisable to speak directly with an experience attorney who can advise you properly. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

My attorney is requesting a exp letter from my previous employer saying that she wouldn't file for labour without that.

I have asked for any other alternatives, she said there is no other alternative for this issue.

The issue is that i didnot part on good terms with my previous employer and he is not responding to my request.

Can any one let me what options do i have?

To my knowledge, Work experience letters are needed at the time of filing 140 and not at the stage of filing filing labor. At the PERM stage, My attorney just went by the information I gave, and I submitted the work experience letters only at the time of filing my 140.

As far as getting the letter itself is concerned, please go through these forums for numerous experiences shared by other posters.

Hello, Can anybody please help me in this one. Here is my situation:

I was working with a consulting firm from past 4 years and recently switched to a Full Time position. My last contract got over on April 30, 2012 and my new employer was in process of applying for H1 transfer. I got my H1 transfer approval on 11 May 12 and new employer asked me to join on 29th May 2012. Now for PERM processing I need exp letter and my previous employer has mentioned my end date as 30th April 2012 as I was not getting paid for month of May 2012. My questions to you are:

1. What are the implications of this, when I am out of status from May 1 to May 29? (I do have valid I-94 till next year)

2. Another thing is when I entered in US on H1b in May 08, I was on bench till Jan 09 and then started working from Feb 09 till date. My employer has mentioned that from May 08 to Feb 09 I was on unpaid training.

Will this be an issue for my PERM. I traveled couple of times after that out of US and re-entered. So Am I safe?

I really appreciate your help on this one. Thank you in advance.

Archived