Is it Safe Traveling? (Please comment...)

k_hsemar

Hello All,

Am on H1B and my current VISA is valid till 1st week of Aug 2012 - As a personal reason am planning a visit to India for a week in the 2nd week of June.

The question I have is that in today's condition in port of entry:

- Is it safe to travel and return?

- Any anticipated Issues when returning?

- Will there be any reason that the officer in POE deny?

Would appreciate your comments from all prospective please comment your thoughts.

Thanks

There will be no problem. Just have current I797, employer letter, last few months paystubs with you. You can enter in USA even one day before the visa expiry.

I am also travelling in August with visa expiring in Sept, 12.

Hi,

I have valid visa till end of September and my H1 Extension in progress. Please let me know can I goto India and come back now as I have valid visa on my passport.

or

As I applied for extension, if I go to india, should I wait till I get approval... even though I have valid visa on my passport.

Regards,

Kathir.

Hello All,

Am on H1B and my current VISA is valid till 1st week of Aug 2012 - As a personal reason am planning a visit to India for a week in the 2nd week of June.

The question I have is that in today's condition in port of entry:

- Is it safe to travel and return?

- Any anticipated Issues when returning?

- Will there be any reason that the officer in POE deny?

Would appreciate your comments from all prospective please comment your thoughts.

Thanks

There will be no problem. Just have current I797, employer letter, last few months paystubs with you. You can enter in USA even one day before the visa expiry.

I am also travelling in August with visa expiring in Sept, 12.

Your H1-Extension is in progress... or you have got the approval too???

"I have valid visa till end of September and my H1 Extension in progress. Please let me know can I goto India and come back now as I have valid visa on my passport.

or

As I applied for extension, if I go to india, should I wait till I get approval... even though I have valid visa on my passport."

=> If you are outside of USA, your H1b may be approved but not the extension. This will result I797 with no I94. To start working on this I797 authorization you need to get I94 at POE showing this I797. (To get the extension, COS done beneficiary should be present in USA in a valid status.)

I have a Valid L1B Visa till 2014, but i have applied for H1B this year for COS,I am waiting for the approval notice from USCIS . Once when my visa gets approved ,

1. Can i travel to India on august with my L1B ?

2. COS come effective on OCT 1st ?

3. When will my L1B gets deactivated ?

Any inputs on this ?

I have a Valid L1B Visa till 2014, but i have applied for H1B this year for COS,I am waiting for the approval notice from USCIS . Once when my visa gets approved,

1. Can i travel to India on august with my L1B ?

=> Once your H1b is approved, you can travel on your L1b. Make sure to come back in USA before Oct 1st as your COS (L1b -> H1b) is scheduled on Oct 1st.

2. COS come effective on OCT 1st ?

=> Yes.

3. When will my L1B gets deactivated ?

=> Just before your H1b will be activated, i.e. Sept 30th.

Archived